Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

[84 R+] Vault Capacity

Started by Yesh [2357983] on in Suggestions.

60 replies · 1.17k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 61 / 61 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Emerix [2187675]
Ched has said before that he prefers players to take risks in game.

The faction vault is subject to control of others and the company vault can be hacked.

If the PI vault could also be hacked for a larger % of the funds (relative to company hacking), I could agree as the PI vault would no longer be a 100% risk free method of storing funds.
Yesh [2357983]
I agree there's a balance to be kept, just that the vault needs an update from when it was first introduced.
Decisive_Fire [249471]
I'm not completely against it... However, I like that all other avenues of storing money have an element of risk or you sacrifice something.

For example, I only run a company so I have vault access.. in turn for having infinite vault access I am tied to this company, lose freedom of movement and have to purchase protection for my assets so I don't get hacked.

Another example, storing money in a faction... You are limited by your access to funds and also there is the risk of a vault scam.

Then you have stocks or items where the risk is making a poor investment... Whereas storing money in your vault carries no risk or sacrifice.

The limit forces you to seek out other avenues to secure your money and in turn makes the game more fun
Monday [2402913]
This is a made up response from Bogie

Private vaults are capped to force players to either:

A: Encourage players to join a faction
B: To encourage players to invest in stocks
C: There is a bank with a 2B max they can invest their money in as well as the Cayman Islands.
JackKelly [2271177]
I read this thread when you first created it and didn't care for the idea. Dropping to $2b instead of $5b seems far more reasonable.

R+
SimbaJack [2441977]
How about we add a vault in the company so employees can put it there and it give the extra efficacy, and when you quit you job if you want it back you have to click the 2 weeks notice button, and in two week you automatically get it back and are removed from the company, or the director can choose to give it back at any point in time, however if you leave without notice the money would be split and given to the employees as a bonus