Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Cat or Dog ?

Started by Trd [2809376] on in Animals & Nature.

67 replies · 561 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 68 / 68 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Skellington [2671472]
That is not entirely true, at least not the part about cats. Whenever I pull up in front of my house, one of the ladies comes running to the window to greet me and then will sit impatiently by the door waiting for me to enter so she can climb on my shoulder to rub up against my cheek. Every single time. So don't tell me cats don't care about their servants. Yes, they might do so because I provide food, but I'm sure dogs act upon the same instinct, they just execute it differently.
Guirec [2713827]
Can't do nothing but agree with you. Every morning I get a furball alarm telling me it's time to feed her highness. Sometimes I get a slap on my toes or I can feel a little paw trying to take my blanket off. ("Lazy minion, off to work! You have slept enough!") Or a tiny nose sniffing my face. ("Is it dead?") And I tell you, the alarm comes way too early. But even then I can't be mad at her. Life is so much richer and better with cats :)
Skellington [2671472]
True words, very true words. I've had a cat that I got as a kitten who lived on for over 22 years. He was the best friend you can have, he never turned his back, no matter what crossed my path. Always loyal, always there. Unconditionally. You'd be challenged finding a human like that.
Guirec [2713827]
You are right! What a long, good life he must have lived. +22 years of joy for you also :) Usually it's easy to like & bond with every cat I meet. Can't say the same about humans. So yes, cats can be such great friends. The cat that I have now is 10 years old and I got her as a kitten. She's always there for me and though some people say cats don't get attached to their owner (servant I mean) she is such a mommy's girl.
Delta11 [2819711]
Cats for the win
Dogs too noisy
This is my opinion from someone who lives with a cat and dog, don't misunderstood me ok? I like dogs but they're too noisy.
Skellington [2671472]
I hope he has indeed had a good life. Judging by how he treated his servants I'd say he did. Cats most certainly grow attached to their servants, just look at how they behave towards you compared to others and, more clear, how they come to comfort you when you need it. They won't do that to just anybody.
Guirec [2713827]
Cats choose their servants indeed. Comfort is for the A+ people. It's an honour to be a cat's chosen one, even if just tolerated ;) My cat treats me very differently than other people, and she also tolerates more stuff from me, for example daily teeth brushing. I'm a baaad servant because I do so, but long story short it keeps her mouth&teeth healthy. And if I'm out later than usually, she goes to the door crying after me, even if there are other people home.
PS. Always a pleasure to meet another true cat person.
Skellington [2671472]
Likewise :) Things are the exactly the same here. The ladies' chose their servants and we get away with much more than most other people, including, indeed, brushing their teeth. They do despise us for it for about twenty seconds, but then it's all good again. Cats seem to instinctively know who to trust.
Guirec [2713827]
Awesome, I don't know too many people who brush their cat's teeth.
It's almost as if cat people had an invisible label on them that only cats can see.
Skellington [2671472]
I'm ambivalent in this matter. In a way I'd love to, as it would give me a unique insight in how cats think and act, giving me the knowledge to treat them even better. On the other hand I'm afraid it would also take away some of the magic.
Guirec [2713827]
Good points, there sure would be a risk in it. I'm afraid I'm so curious that I would try it anyway if given a chance.
Firestar [2629585]
Cats & Dogs are very different, I say search them up only you know what you'd like more. Cats are pretty much a self cleansing animal. Whereas if you don't give your dog haircuts/baths they will reek.
Lasloa [2765159]
Get one of eat and have them grow up being best friends <3 I grew up with 3 dogs and 2 cats and I loved every second of it :)

If you really are torn between definitely think about your activity level, how much your home and the attention you're able to give them and whatnot. Also has an effect when looking at breeds.

Good luck with your decision and whatever you decide remember animals are forever :)