Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Mouse problems?

Started by stinkych33s3 [2333541] on in Technology.

7 replies · 85 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
8
Authority score
7 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
30 / 100
Engagement score
48 / 100
stinkych33s3 [2333541]
My mouse started this issue a few days ago. its a logitech g602. when i left click occasionally clicks the left button several times, sometimes once sometimes up to 5 times. i switched to an older mouse that i have while i started to consider which mouse i should purchase. the same thing was happening, rapid left click. i went to https://codepen.io/blink172/pen/vERyxK in order to verify this and it is true. does anyone know what could be happening and why and how to fix this. thanks.
Xeretrax [2039020]
Its a problem with some of the older Logitech mouse unfortunately, bad switches.
I had the same thing with a older G502 on the right button, after about 18 months of usage it suddenly started.
With a new different new g502, it started after a mere 3 weeks.
Doing some rather extensive Googling, I found it seems to be a common issue.
Some people would never get the issue, some would get it after a day. Its completely random it seems.

It seemed those specific Omron switches suffer from oxidation rather unusually fast.
I ended up with a G Pro after that, different Omron switches I believe, so far no issues.
Now I dont know about what switches the older G602 has, but I wouldn't be surprised if it they use the same crappy ones.

Now there are ways to supposedly fix it, but most of them are pointless to try to begin with, except 1, which would involve opening the whole thing up and try and actually remove that oxidation.

However, about a month ago, they launched the G502X, which is pretty much the exact same as the older G502. But I believe they do come with better new switches. I will likely buy it should my Pro ever fail. I do like some of the features the G502 has a lot.

I doubt we will ever see new version of the 602 though. Numbers wise it didn't seem to do nearly as well as the very popular 502.
But then again, the new 502x and even the new Pro RACING wheel were both randomly dropped out of the blue without announcement.
Tometh [2258652]
Logitech mice; i have a double click issue, related to my wireless pro mouse, it is one the issues that Logitech are known for, may as well be famous for it. Now i still do have a Logitech mouse, but after spending such an amount of money on the pro wireless: i got myself a G305.. supposedly one of the more sturdier of mice of the brand. Sure i have to use a rechargable battery.. but i am yet to have issues.

The switches always seem to be a issue. Which while i still do place a certain degree of worth regarding their mice, it has opened my mind to other options, because it's just such a inconvenience. My 305 i believe has lasted longer than wireless pro. it varies in life expectancy; I do have a Roccat mouse, but Roccat as a brand, they have their own problems as well, from what i read and hear.
cRuci4L [1504957]
As Xeretrax had said it is common with some Logitech switches. I had bought a Logitech G502 Hero Special Edition a couple of years ago and after a month I was getting that double click issue. I tried reformatting (in case software issue) and also tried the mouse in other OSes and in other PCs/Laptops. I contacted support and they had sent me another one that started doing the same thing after a few days. I ended up changing to a Logitech G Pro wired and have been fine ever since.
Eyjafjalla [2553944]
what people have said above, but for some mice there's a reset you can do (for corsair you plug in while holding both rmb and lmb) dunno if what it is for logitech or if it'll work.