Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Addiction is broken?

Started by SpARkS4206967 [2175802] on in Bugs & Issues.

23 replies · 941 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 24 / 24 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
24
Discussion span
→
Authority score
62 / 100
Historical score
52 / 100
Story score
59 / 100
Engagement score
69 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

SpARkS4206967 [2175802]
So the company I am working at says my effectiveness is -24 because of addiction.

But, my rehab icon says I am only 1% addicted.
From my experience I used to need rehab every 4-5 days atleast.

My last rehab has now been 7 days back:
16:48:34 - 27/09/22 You rehabilitated 34 times for a fee of $8,500,000 gaining 110 happiness and reducing your drug addiction by 97.41%


I am a regular xanax user:
Xanax taken Current,2,744, Last week,2,728

And here is my addiction status, after having gone a week without rehab, taking 16 xanax on the way, and having used >2.5K xanax
[image: media.discordapp.net]
[image: media.discordapp.net]

And my company now:
[image: media.discordapp.net]
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
Work stats debuff and battle stats debuff are completely different things. The amount of addiction necessary to get -1% debuff in battle stats sounds about right to give you -24 to -27 debuff to work stats. It doesn't scale in the same way, but provides a differing amount of debuff to both categories. Does this help?
SpARkS4206967 [2175802]
He has lower addiction mitigation than me. So I think something is definitely broken here.

Also I'm not sure if I'd go over a week of taking xanax and it stays at 1% addiction when previously I'd need atleast 3-4 days between rehabs
SpARkS4206967 [2175802]
Yes I'm aware it scales differently but there's been multiple people who said that 1% for them currently is showing as a -10 to -13 debuff in effectiveness (no merits btw) while I'm here with 1% and -24

Also the fact that its never been before that I've gone a week without rehab while keeping to schedule and been at only 1%
Ar53_Hol [2430424]
It does, effectiveness points are worked out from the minimum requirement, lower minimum requirement = less impact from drugs. Someone working in a sweet shop will be impacted less by their drug use than if they were in a logistics management
WalkingTarget [2077507]
Should probably also note that addiction decay occurs at around 3am torn time - the company addiction rate shows from when the company cron is run the day before.

It may very well be your brain icon was at 2% when the company cron was run and subsequent to that addiction decay has occurred and bumped your brain icon back to 1%.

If that's the case and you're closer to the 2% icon than the 1% with your current addiction it scales differently in regards to worker efficiency as CJ has noted and would give you a larger addiction penalty in the company.
KingLouisCLXXII [2070312]
If you've taken 16 Xanax since your last rehab and assuming max toleration(from your faction page), that's 288 addiction points. It's been 7 natural decay cycles since your last rehab. That's -140 addiction points which put you at +148 addiction points since rehab. Assuming you had 5 addiction points left over from the last rehab you're now at around 153 addiction points.
Once again assuming max toleration, your effective addiction points (taking into account 30% addiction mitigation from faction perks) without any merits in addiction mitigation would be 107.1 AP = -13.38 addiction modifier (8 AP = -1 addiction modifier)
Assuming full merits in addiction mitigation, 76.5 AP = -9.56 addiction modifier

Based on this, -24 does seem a bit high.


Source: https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=2&t=16209628

Mentions: Addiction Mitigation Study (Merits/Faction Perks)

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
I believe the addiction debuff also depends on your relative age in the company. I maybe misremembering, but I think that older employees get lower debuff from the same level of addiction. As you are relatively new in the company, you are getting higher debuff?

I will have to ask Joe to confirm if everything is okay here.

Thanks..!!
IditarodGuy [2675976]
Now I don't know what all calculations go into determining employee effectiveness but over the past 2 days, my effectiveness seems aggressively lower than normal.

16:35:10 - 04/10/22 You rehabilitated 4 times for a fee of $1,000,000 gaining 191 happiness and reducing your drug addiction by 89.82%

I was at -2 effectiveness at 18:00 - 04/10/22 and at -12 effectiveness at 18:00 - 05/10/22. I usually rehab every other day to stay under -10 but for some reason, addiction seems to be much higher than usual.
Vivien_Yap [2433359]
most likely your lack of faction perks due to recruit status, means taking the same amount of xans will gain much more addiction.
IditarodGuy [2675976]
I thought that might be the case... -10 effectiveness from 3 xanax seemed like a bit much. No faction perks, but I do have 8 addiction mitigation merits.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
Addiction reduces effectiveness as a percentage, so the more effectiveness you have, the more will be lost due to the same amounts of addiction. We're currently discussing potential changes to this system.
Adrenalinas [1974447]
It should be a fixed number, not % because the more work stats you have more often you need to go to rehab that's kinda big nerf for employees that have huge stats. Or merits should add % of effectiveness too not static numbers like now.