.
Graveyard
Started by Mr_Paradise [2091342] on in Politics & Law.
About this thread
Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 15
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 11
- Likes on archived posts
- 40
- Authority score
- 9 / 100
- Historical score
- 21 / 100
- Story score
- 42 / 100
- Engagement score
- 59 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Kuchisake-onna [2769295]
· 9 likes ·
I'll be honest, I'm in a constant state of losing my mind. Not a smart thing, to admit you have a natural human emotional response to antagonism, in a discourse climate where someone will 'own' your entire argument, by accusing …
If you're talking about politicians and pundits, I'm pretty sure they've always been shit.
Fair enough
Debate what? Culture war issues?
That shi is all smoke in mirrors~
That shi is all smoke in mirrors~
Because politicans are behind a lot of the excrement throwing. Where people think civil discourse really means civil discord.
I'll be honest, I'm in a constant state of losing my mind.
Not a smart thing, to admit you have a natural human emotional response to antagonism, in a discourse climate where someone will 'own' your entire argument, by accusing you of crying or being angry. But, I'll be honest, this stuff gets to me sometimes.
---
I didn't start out on the 'woke' side of the fence, quite the opposite. In 2014 I was a gamer guy, just hitting the age of 18. I watched a lot of YouTube. Mostly PewDiePie, and gaming related Top 10 videos. Somehow, I stumbled into the Atheist community. A little club that felt very smart for figuring out the bible doesn't seem all the credible. They loved debunking Christians, but you can only debate the same never changing source material, so much. And us smartasses needed a new opponent.
New challengers appeared, their hair was dyed, and they were full of pride, in both the gay sense, and the attitude sense. Of course, egos clashed. No one was just gonna come in and 'educate' us! Don't these bastards know we figured out God isn't real?!
To be fair, the BuzzFeed and Tumblr style of feminism and wokeness, was off-putting to most looking from the outside in. The fake smiles, the holier-than-thou attitude. Something about having an activist circlejerk like that, explaining to a group of people with social anxiety, that social interaction with women and minorities, was about to get even more complicated, was always a recipe for disaster.
I hated them. The idea that comedy would be silenced. That diversity would be 'forced' into videogames and movies. That I'd have to be aware of a thousand 'micro aggressions' and still be hated for being a straight cis white man, even if I put in all the effort. I felt villainized for who I was.
In 2017 I took a hallucinogenic drug, and had a terrible trip. It made me understand something about emotions. A thing I had always dismissed, after all, my panicked response to wokeness, wasn't emotional, it was logical, wasn't it?
Nah, emotions where real, I had them, and everyone in the world had them. There's a type of empathy and love you can have for everyone around you, when you're in that state. I felt like shit for all my gamer bros, my lonely guys out there. Then, I though about those hair dyed witches, the ones who's only reason for claiming pain, was crybully me with it. Oppression for status' sake. But in that moment, I believed their pain. In doing so, I learned the one thing I'll always stick by;
"People don't scream on the internet for years on end, if there is no real hurt."
After that I started to change, slowly. After a while, I began to dislike anti-woke reaction channels, and got into creators like Hbomberguy and ContraPoints. I realized the woke-policing anxiety I had was overblown, and that those extreme woke-scolds, weren't even liked by most other lefties themselves. I kept believing in freedom of speech, but also saw the limits of how far you can go to hurt people. And Hollywood and the gaming industry, wasn't trying to replace me, just including our friends.
I stopped seeing trans people as idiots trying to do the impossible thing, which I always wished I could do. And instead, started to admire them for their efforts, defending them for years. Until I finally became the thing, a younger me would never understand, a trans woman.
---
I live the woke grind now. Shouting bigot, phobe this, -ist that… And I don't enjoy it.
I wish I could live by that one line I learned, be that source of empathy, because I know you are all just hurting the same.
Incels don't need mockery and dismissal, they need support from someone other than destructive people. Transphobes need to get used to us, maybe have that weird relation with us and the sexual fixed. Have essentialism explained to them and dismantled. We need to get the majority of good guys on the right out of the 'Mr. Carlson's: Panic of the Week' bullshit. So they can focus on politics surrounding how they too, are being screwed over, instead filling their head with this dumb ass culture war.
But you can never just get there. I can't target transphobia at its emotional core, because it's shielded by another argument, or another accusation of us all being bathroom rapists, and grooming teachers.
And so, my emotions kick in. Initiate another unproductive shouting match, in which I end up feeling like the world hates me, and send my opponent the same message of hate and dismissal.
Yeah, I do end up hating politics...
Not a smart thing, to admit you have a natural human emotional response to antagonism, in a discourse climate where someone will 'own' your entire argument, by accusing you of crying or being angry. But, I'll be honest, this stuff gets to me sometimes.
---
I didn't start out on the 'woke' side of the fence, quite the opposite. In 2014 I was a gamer guy, just hitting the age of 18. I watched a lot of YouTube. Mostly PewDiePie, and gaming related Top 10 videos. Somehow, I stumbled into the Atheist community. A little club that felt very smart for figuring out the bible doesn't seem all the credible. They loved debunking Christians, but you can only debate the same never changing source material, so much. And us smartasses needed a new opponent.
New challengers appeared, their hair was dyed, and they were full of pride, in both the gay sense, and the attitude sense. Of course, egos clashed. No one was just gonna come in and 'educate' us! Don't these bastards know we figured out God isn't real?!
To be fair, the BuzzFeed and Tumblr style of feminism and wokeness, was off-putting to most looking from the outside in. The fake smiles, the holier-than-thou attitude. Something about having an activist circlejerk like that, explaining to a group of people with social anxiety, that social interaction with women and minorities, was about to get even more complicated, was always a recipe for disaster.
I hated them. The idea that comedy would be silenced. That diversity would be 'forced' into videogames and movies. That I'd have to be aware of a thousand 'micro aggressions' and still be hated for being a straight cis white man, even if I put in all the effort. I felt villainized for who I was.
In 2017 I took a hallucinogenic drug, and had a terrible trip. It made me understand something about emotions. A thing I had always dismissed, after all, my panicked response to wokeness, wasn't emotional, it was logical, wasn't it?
Nah, emotions where real, I had them, and everyone in the world had them. There's a type of empathy and love you can have for everyone around you, when you're in that state. I felt like shit for all my gamer bros, my lonely guys out there. Then, I though about those hair dyed witches, the ones who's only reason for claiming pain, was crybully me with it. Oppression for status' sake. But in that moment, I believed their pain. In doing so, I learned the one thing I'll always stick by;
"People don't scream on the internet for years on end, if there is no real hurt."
After that I started to change, slowly. After a while, I began to dislike anti-woke reaction channels, and got into creators like Hbomberguy and ContraPoints. I realized the woke-policing anxiety I had was overblown, and that those extreme woke-scolds, weren't even liked by most other lefties themselves. I kept believing in freedom of speech, but also saw the limits of how far you can go to hurt people. And Hollywood and the gaming industry, wasn't trying to replace me, just including our friends.
I stopped seeing trans people as idiots trying to do the impossible thing, which I always wished I could do. And instead, started to admire them for their efforts, defending them for years. Until I finally became the thing, a younger me would never understand, a trans woman.
---
I live the woke grind now. Shouting bigot, phobe this, -ist that… And I don't enjoy it.
I wish I could live by that one line I learned, be that source of empathy, because I know you are all just hurting the same.
Incels don't need mockery and dismissal, they need support from someone other than destructive people. Transphobes need to get used to us, maybe have that weird relation with us and the sexual fixed. Have essentialism explained to them and dismantled. We need to get the majority of good guys on the right out of the 'Mr. Carlson's: Panic of the Week' bullshit. So they can focus on politics surrounding how they too, are being screwed over, instead filling their head with this dumb ass culture war.
But you can never just get there. I can't target transphobia at its emotional core, because it's shielded by another argument, or another accusation of us all being bathroom rapists, and grooming teachers.
And so, my emotions kick in. Initiate another unproductive shouting match, in which I end up feeling like the world hates me, and send my opponent the same message of hate and dismissal.
Yeah, I do end up hating politics...
that is something i would pay for.
If there aren't any issues you actually care about, then it makes sense that you find politics ridiculous and childish.
i care about many issues, still think 99% of politics is childish BS.
Its just to make us focus on something else while we're being cheaply bred to go to war.
that's a political statement. By "fed up of politics" do you mean fed up of Red vs Blue party politics where nothing really changes? Good. I hate bourgeois "democracy" too. I look forward to standing shoulder to shoulder with you when the revolution comes. We will pile the bodies to the sky!
This is a great inspirational read, Thank you for sharing.
I tried to watch Hbomberguy AOC says Trans rights episode but saw some guy playing video games while on the phone w AOC. I couldn't take it serious so I changed it.
ContraPoints J.K. Rowling episode, Also couldnt take that episode serious.
I will admit I loved everything you said after the 'I live the woke grind' comment. It was powerful.
Makes me wonder if any of the lgbtq+ allies in P&L are even allies as all they do is insult and name call others who are different. It seems it would just keep the hate around longer and stronger.
The Carlson panic of the week comment is that a real segment? That sounds really weird.
With that being said, Trans-Creature please feel free to DM me if you feel the need to vent or have any type of discussion. Everything will be kept in confidence.
Whatever has happened in the past is now behind you. Look to the future and you will find your success there. The best of luck to you.
-V
I tried to watch Hbomberguy AOC says Trans rights episode but saw some guy playing video games while on the phone w AOC. I couldn't take it serious so I changed it.
ContraPoints J.K. Rowling episode, Also couldnt take that episode serious.
I will admit I loved everything you said after the 'I live the woke grind' comment. It was powerful.
Makes me wonder if any of the lgbtq+ allies in P&L are even allies as all they do is insult and name call others who are different. It seems it would just keep the hate around longer and stronger.
The Carlson panic of the week comment is that a real segment? That sounds really weird.
With that being said, Trans-Creature please feel free to DM me if you feel the need to vent or have any type of discussion. Everything will be kept in confidence.
Whatever has happened in the past is now behind you. Look to the future and you will find your success there. The best of luck to you.
-V
These ppl dont care much for politics, Look how happy they are.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1JWm4W_VMA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1JWm4W_VMA
Politics destroyed my family,my father disowned his parents, siblings,wife,in laws and his own child due to his being a Trumpiblican conspiracy theorist. He's easily mentally ill,due to his 'KAD' mentality.
That means 'kill all those who are different." I've interacted with the leftist variety who feels like I must change my physiology for being myself. I'm weary of the existence that I survive in.. The endless echo chambers where you can't disagree with the masses without being loathed.
That means 'kill all those who are different." I've interacted with the leftist variety who feels like I must change my physiology for being myself. I'm weary of the existence that I survive in.. The endless echo chambers where you can't disagree with the masses without being loathed.