yep clearly BB's the only one who has put in any effort in this war, and we don't have any real members apart fron dahn and mactastys. spot on analysis.
edit: you're also absolutely correct that we don't come out ever, our score keeps increasing by itself, bit out of hand really.
Magicdust is a long-standing member of London then? :) I am super proud of my team, and hope to keep as many members as i can for as long as I can. Shout out to anyone looking for a loyal, active and successful ranked war faction. You know where to come.
I did mention earlier to Orange_Walrus that I personally respect the tactics and the organisation to pull it off too! It's definitely something that can be overcome, but a higher level of organisation is needed than we could muster.
GG Swiss Covert Corp!
I don't wanna have to say this thread is cringey, but lick it and only salt comes through. Sorry ed <3
What I find funny is that many of your members contacted me before the war asking me how we expected to win this war with so many weak players and that I'm on the losing side.
They were right, you should win. As everyone says in every other post, BB is only one person. So, we use tactics to give an edge. That's just smart, even if people want to call it wimpy. The aim is to win. we don't care if you find it boring, we care to win.
This reminds me of 15 years ago when I led the first faction in Torn to use flying as a tactic, and everyone called us chicken, yet we were beating factions way stronger than us and made it 2nd in HoF. Nowadays, everyone is using the tactic.
You may find it boring, but the group here is having one hell of a time.
I agree with you (BB), just one person won't make the difference. And in the past hour, has been more fun. Something to do - people out of hosp to attack and be attacked by. That's my only issue, the extended periods where there is nothing at all to do.
I have no grudge against SCC for using the tactics available. And kudos to those in SCC who actually are making it interesting. There are a bunch, they know who they are - a lot of them hosp'd me :-) Also absolutely no grudge, that is the point of a war.
Bounty your players who don't even bother to self hosp before logging out. Let's start there N kick out anyone with revive option open after war. Better war with only committed ppl than going to a war with 80 of slackers.
when we faced SCC what a war we had could of went either way at the start we had kuber and yiddles pinning us down and we couldn't do much. After 21 hours into the war, we rallied up and pushed back hard and pushed into a minor lead which we managed to hold on to and see out the win but by this time everyone was exhausted and on another day Swiss could have easily taken the win no doubt - if you turn up in an RW bring the activity because without it you'll just leak score. DedeSilver is spot on - bounty offline players, remove ones that don't commit enough - bolster your roaster and hope for the best. old saying prepare for the worst hope for the best and we have nothing but respect for SCC they are a well-oiled faction and have the experience to match.
It's hilarious to see a faction leader whining because they got out-strategized.
"Just so you know, I'm a terrible leader, and I couldn't figure out how to win this war. But let me tell you how terrible the people who beat us are, because man, only losers win ranked wars!"
I'm not gonna lie, I think these tactics are awful. Definitely not in the spirit of ranked wars. I am also a merc profiting off of this system. Nonetheless, I would support any change ched made to limit outside interference and force factions to actually fight each other using only their own members (although the torn population will always try and come up with something to get around the rules).
All of that said, the one thing mercs hate is wasting energy on attacks that they don't get paid for. If your players are stalking your opponents as they get out of the hospital then it should be no problem to beat them at least 50% of the time. Mercs aren't paid enough to attack with a 50% chance of success. You talk about retals being a net loss. There is obviously nothing you can do about BB retaling you, but the rest of the faction you should be able to easily retaliate against, and you should definitely have more energy given how few players in SCC have any real score.