Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Linux Users

Started by Daturax [2627396] on in Technology.

65 replies · 920 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 66 / 66 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

KingHamid [2068649]
I am a web developer and I use Mac and Ubuntu os for programming. I use Ubuntu Server and Centos for the operating environment of my products
Vampyrr_ [2850631]
I have used Manjaro (Arch based) for 1 year, it was pretty good and usually had all software up-to-date to latest versions, compared to other distros. But for compatibility reasons I was more or less forced to switch to a Debian based distro, as I am working as a Web Developer, so I tried Mint, but because I was so used to KDE I couldn't keep it so I got on Kubuntu (Ubuntu with KDE), which was pretty stable and felt familiar to me as a previous Manjaro user and also for Windows users in general. Then I got bored and switched to plain Ubuntu to experience Gnome, I liked it. After switching my workplace I got on MacOS (with M1).
CasimiroDegroot [2870441]
I nearly exclusively use Linux. Kubuntu, because while it can be fun to distro hop and stuff, I really don't have time for experimentation, I really need it to just work. I have a job, kids, etc.