Lol
Cat Chat
Started by Firestar [2629585] on in Animals & Nature.
Posts archived: 47 / 47 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Haha, same here! I was thinking the whole time that how does the cat allow any of that x)
I thought the exact same. I think some cats are happy with all attention they can get. Plus, if you consistently perform the same actions they will get used to it. Especially when they gain something from it. We take our ladies out for a stroll on a daily basis, provided the ladies feel like it of course. The first couple of times we tried to put their harnesses on, they wiggled like a can of worms. Nowadays they come to the door and impatiently wait for us to put them on so they can go out. Still, they will never allow the intense treatment shown in the video, that is too much. That has everything to do with their past.
Very true, repeating things help them to get used to things. The cat in the video has to trust his/her owner a lot. Or I hope that's the case, and not that he/she is forced to anything... as some cats seem to tolerate more than others. But she seems to enjoy for a moment on the video though. What comes to walking, I have also witnessed wiggling, and dropping on the floor like a dead cat, after I've put the harness on. Now it's going a lot better, though it's still not her favourite thing. And starting training early has an impact too. I have given my cat some baths since she was a kitten, so she has in some way got used to it. I don't wash her on a regular basis, but it's nice that she's trained for it in case she gets something unwanted on her fur. It can be hard to teach some things to an older cat. I got one cat (you know who I'm referring to) as 9 years old, and trying to wash her after a little accident in the car was a nightmare for all because she wasn't trained for it.
Exactly, it all depends on starting early and respectfully. It's all about earning respect mutually. Once the cat knows you can be trusted, he or she will allow more. To a certain extent of course, Parel trusts me blindly, but still won't allow me to rub her tummy, even though she openly exposes it.
I agree. I think some kind of ground work with trust has to be done very early by humans. If it goes wrong or missing, some things can't be fixed afterwards.
I get that, tummy is for trusted people and sometimes a definite no-no place. I believe you have earned all the trust in her world, but her history will come across at a certain point. I am shown this "here's my tummy and you should know when not to touch it" posture. Usually it's okay and if it's not, I'll feel it in my hand in a fraction of a second, with no mercy. Some could say it was a trap but if you ask the queen it was totally my fault. ;)
I get that, tummy is for trusted people and sometimes a definite no-no place. I believe you have earned all the trust in her world, but her history will come across at a certain point. I am shown this "here's my tummy and you should know when not to touch it" posture. Usually it's okay and if it's not, I'll feel it in my hand in a fraction of a second, with no mercy. Some could say it was a trap but if you ask the queen it was totally my fault. ;)
Yes, it's always the humans that are at fault. I think Parel will never allow anyone to rub her tummy. That's okay though, as long as she's happy here it's all good. And she seems happy.
Great attitude, cats' happiness come first. Tummy rub is a global opinion divider among cats anyway.
Well, in all honesty, I'm not letting just anyone rub my tummy either, so why should she?
Yeah, no need to!
Truly the most underrated thread on the forums. \ ^.^ /
It is. I wonder why? Is it because cats actually are picky where it comes to choosing their companions?
My cat, pls enjoy:
[image: media.discordapp.net]
[image: media.discordapp.net]
All the non-cat people out there are just cat people who haven't met their cat yet. It's only a matter of time before they come over to the dark side!
Correction: The adorable side
Super cute!
Right meow.
My kitty is a very elderly grumpy little kitty. I got him from the animal home in 2007. So hes 16/17 now.
I have been on holiday this week.
A few days ago there was some drama in the kitchen at 4am in the morning.
My kitty was shouting very very loudly.
He had to go out to 'take care of business'
He ran out the front door and he was urinating for quite some time literally a minute i could hear him ... i couldnt see him because my kitty is black and it was dark.
When his business was done he ran back inside very swiftly
I have been on holiday this week.
A few days ago there was some drama in the kitchen at 4am in the morning.
My kitty was shouting very very loudly.
He had to go out to 'take care of business'
He ran out the front door and he was urinating for quite some time literally a minute i could hear him ... i couldnt see him because my kitty is black and it was dark.
When his business was done he ran back inside very swiftly