Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Stuck at 45NNB with est. 7280+ CE

Started by Beerson [1576144] on in Questions & Answers.

53 replies · 1.35k views · thread synced · 11 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 54 / 54 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
54
Discussion span
→
Authority score
67 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
46 / 100
Engagement score
77 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Beerson [1576144]
Hello, recently I started using VanilaNightmare's CE tracking sheet to get API data about crimes and noticed I'm (supposedly) very close to 50NNB, I decided to do a push towards 50 but I met the treshold weeks ago with my NNB remaining at 45, I've reviewed the data and the math mutiple times, made fresh copies from the original and loaded the API all new, did sanity checks on everything I could but any way I look at it, my est. CE is way ahead of 50NNB

Here's an up to date (by the time of posting) snapshot of my crimes since I dropped to 40NNB and climbed back to 45NNB recently:
[image: i.imgur.com]
note that I added 0.5 CE value to BBoC (my fail is higher then success so higher CE to overcompensate), 3 OC and some other crimes don't have CE value set so they don't contribute to the total, which means the CE should be even higher then the estimate I'm working with

I use data since 45NNB upgrade because API cannot load my full crime history, data since oldest 45NNB upgrade (years ago) loaded in separate copy of original sheet shows CE value of 1987 (above 45 NNB)

here is a link to VanilaNightmare's forum post with/about the original sheet if you must review the values yourself, but it checks out:
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=61&t=16196292&b=0&a=0


after researching this for a long period of time, I can only see two answers as to how is my NNB not upgrading, either Shoplift BBoC gives over 14 arsons worth of CE, or my CE is bugged
RaVenSmYTh [2695946]
do think that the 0.5 value for the BBoC is a bit on the high end. Shoplifting Jackets only nets .1 arson. Also even it the 0.5 were accurate the fail would also cause -10 CE. As fails cause 20 times reduction of what your would have gained.
WhackedMaki [2587660]
Your CE is very low. That sheet is estimating it as under 2k arsons of CE. 50 NNB is thought to be around 6.9k arsons of CE. Stop doing hack FBI if you want to go up in CE, you are absolutely killing your CE growth. It's not 1 to 1 accurate on CE because the game hasn't always tracked crimes like it does now, so the sheet can't see all your past crime data
Beerson [1576144]
please, pay attention while reading, you'll be able to figure it out

@RaVenSmYTh yes, the 0.5 value is obviously too high (hence why I said it's to overcompensate) I use the high value to make sure that the BBoC fails aren't throwing off the estimate too much, tho I can't say I didn't consider the idea that BBoC is somehow 15 CE because it was literary the only thing that would make sense in the context
WhackedMaki [2587660]
You're right, the game is bugged and it's not you killing your CE. That sheet doesn't just load "recent" crimes. I'm going to go out on a limb and say your 4k additional untracked arsons are Warehouse, but your computer crimes are also hack FBI. Combine that together and you add about 3k more CE. That would put you around 4900. Throw in the various other untracked stuff and I can see you being around the 5292 needed for 45 NNB. But still well short of the 6912 for 50.
WhackedMaki [2587660]
You're just trolling at this point right? You've only done 6,572 fraud crimes, there's 0 shot you have somehow done the math to put yourself at over 7200 when the picture you post also involves losing almost 1200 CE.
LAFAT [2623027]
should have just responded with
"please, do more arsons, you'll be able to hit it whenever you meet enough CE"

"i believe in you"
Beerson [1576144]
I may have misplaced my belief

so for the lowest common denominator

I cannot load crime data before and during 40NNB since it's too long ago
This would massively throw off the sheet to the point the estimate would mean nothing
Thus I find a point where "Nerve has increased from 40 to 45" and delete everything afterwards
I create new, separate and unabridged sheet where I load the data fresh, find different point where "Nerve has increased from 40 to 45" and delete everything after that to to establish and validate my 45NNB starting point

The CE values start with 45NNB being the starting point (0), thus 50NNB would be 1630 instead of 6912

as to why I'm over 7k CE with just over 6k arsons, it's all in the sheet (ok, my bad, it's not literary all in the sheet, I failed to realize that some of you new guys don't know that busting used to give massive CE, still that's hardly relevant with the data being available in the sheet)

this all is very easy to figure out, if you just pay attention while reading
Migs [2166018]
OP just a friendly tip, if you are going to ask people for help maybe try to not insult them. If you just pay attention while reading you would see you're being an ass.
Beerson [1576144]
if he doesn't even bother to read properly he shouldn't post, it's pretty insulting, the only one being an ass is him for telling me how I'm "wrong" when he doesn't even care enough to figure out he's wrong

I mean he said I have 2k CE while being 45NNB, I tell him to read it properly so he can save face instead of looking dumb af, he doubles down, don't blame me
Nothing [2703796]
I got 60 NNB but I dont do Computer crimes so I have no clue how much CE it is, have you try Torn Stats and give a more specific answer about how much CE you got?

https://www.tornstats.com/tools/arsons
Beerson [1576144]
Using Torn Stats and guessing CE from that doesn't really do much in my case as a large part of my CE comes from busting people back when it was the best way to earn CE, which can't be estimated without the crime and nerve bar data from before 2016, using specific NNB trigger as a starting point is the only reliable way to do that in this case
Mead [1394423] Committee Committee
Forget the spreadsheet and the math and whatever you're doing there..

If you have 45 nnb, you should be doing warehouse arsons. That's it, it doesn't matter where you are or how many busts you can no longer account for. Burn warehouses.

Get settled in, because it's going to take about two years for you to get to PH and PA range.

It really is this simple.
Beerson [1576144]
I fail to see your logic, how is someone who comes in, berates me (while being blatantly wrong) for being wrong trying to help me?
He's just being an ass seing FBI Hack and jumping in with "hacking bad" not bothering to read everything that proves his own point wrong spelled out in my opening post, then dislikes my posts when he realises he's wrong instead of admitting it?
Beerson [1576144]
I should've made that clear in my opening post, I'm not aiming for PA

doing some math + simulation shows that daily safe hacking (Bank + enough arson to offset CE loss, low average of 4m a day) and banking the money (to account for the fact I have the money now and not in 2 years) over the 1-2 year period could make more money then eventually doing PA (just under 2b in one year, depending on bank interest) so I'm very much content with passing on PA, I wanted to do hacks for money when I started so even if it's a small net loss I don't mind

I decided to push for 50NNB since I was close to it afer few warehouse pushes and good OC performance, but I'm losing money on it and everything says I should've had 50NNB a while ago

also congrats on your leet post