Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Server Lag Broke Chain

Started by ThirdLife [1972474] on in Bugs & Issues.

8 replies · 208 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
4
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
5
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
42 / 100
Story score
49 / 100
Engagement score
53 / 100

Most-liked replies

ThirdLife [1972474]
Wolverines Health Organisation's chain just broke despite two players attacking at the time of the break.

My attack log:
https://www.torn.com/loader.php?sid=attackLog&ID=8d80aa9e111aef8e4caedef2aa647404
I had already finished my fight and was depending on the 30-second auto-leave function, knowing I had enough time.
However, as per the log, my last attack was at 08:14:35 and I left at 08:15:44. This gap shouldn't be able to be longer than 30 seconds.

At the same time, LordMogra was also attacking:
https://www.torn.com/loader.php?sid=attackLog&ID=5bf3fbfadcb1b1f10c629dd2d2bce7ef
They weren't able to make any hits in the same time period that I didn't auto-leave.

I feel there was a server-side issue that prevented both of us from continuing our attacks, consequently breaking the chain.
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
Devs have said this time and time again that the auto-leave is meant to be a fail safe in case of issues, you shouldn't be relying on it to save the chain for you.

I will pass this along to Joe to check for issues.

Thanks!
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
We cannot guarantee this automated action, but we can continue working on improving it.

However, as per the log, my last attack was at 08:14:35 and I left at 08:15:44. This gap shouldn't be able to be longer than 30 seconds.
A 39 second gap is incredibly long, I'm not sure how that's possible. If you stay viewing the page it should be almost @ exactly 0 seconds, if you leave the page, it could be a few seconds longer - but I thought this would usually only be 5 seconds more or so.
Sectory [2093611]
Webview has been having terrible load times. It adds up every time you try load pages. Sometimes closing the app helps. It's like webview their garbage dump is broken.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
I believe Pavel was looking in to moving this process to cron, which should perhaps give it the reliability and stability it needs.
ThirdLife [1972474]
[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]The gap was 1 min 9 secs. [/background]
[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]Unfortunately, I was watching the faction chain page in another tab, not the attack page at the time because I wasn’t concerned it was going to even be close.[/background]
In the same period, LordMogra couldn’t click anything on their attack page.
nikitad [2147691] Tester

Hello
According to the latest message - the issue is fixed
I will close the issue for now
Please, report a new issue, if it will be appeared again
Thanks