146 replies · 4.57k views · thread synced · 17 days ago
· View on torn.com
Posts archived:147 / 147 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
RadicalFanatic[1483140] · #121 · edited
Days of chaining effort? Or days of api doing the effort? 50k chains and 100k chains are suppose to difficult and be special occasions in my eyes, not just an easy api run thing, with minimal effort required.
I love how all these failed factions, with there failed chains are just downvoting out of rage at there failure xD
Its true, some of us old timers remember when game was played simply with brains and clicks. But Torn has evolved to include scripts (they fought that for many years) and almost seems like we have 2 games here. Serious players that use every advantage and others that play for fun. I do feel like some of us choose to stay playing in 'hard' mode while you younger players adopt any and every easy path. See if you are still around in 15 plus years! Seems you lose your minds at every hiccup on the highway lmao. All that said, take away the API, got enough big brother type shit already in real life
it was players your age that introduced the scripts on irc, that were scraping pages which made the api necessary, so i'm not entirely sure of your point?
Unless they are in hospital where many traders trade from. The API would’ve been showing old prices as well so would be hard to tell at a glance I’m thinking. It’s also much quicker to grab API prices of all the items you buy and put them on an updating spreadsheet or whatever than look through the whole market
Well I didn’t whine. Yes I use exclamation points and big words. I’m not sorry if that’s off putting to you! I don’t write to please you! Go f**k yourself if you don’t like it! I didn’t pick a fight. I responded to their response to me. I didn’t force the conversation in any which way. They responded to my comment about chains breaking. Do you see how if one responds to a person who is speaking about chains breaking and they choose not to address anything else but puts a flippant response about “Torn knowing the issue and deciding to ignore it” that perhaps… the person will follow the thread as it was going instead of making it broader?! That’s on them to expand not in me to infer based on their limited comment!
Since you are the one struggling to understand the thread, go back and read my initial comment and their response. When communicating it is common to use all of what’s said between the two communicating. Follow the conversation or stay out of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if you had taken the time to read all the information provided you would of seen it expanded upon in the other thread linked to in the op.
cheds exact words were "One of our replicas (that the API uses) is currently out of sync, halted at around 05:13:22. We'll need to re-sync it. This could take some time, but we'll try to get it all sorted today." so to break that down;
the issue was known of as that was posted 4.5 hours after it started
the fix was known but being one that would take time it was on the to do list
the fix has not yet been started
if you are not going to follow what's said and need the topic to be broken down into bite sized bits for you to understand maybe you should stay out of the conversation too!!!!!!!!!!!!
Um….I knew… it’s acknowledged in my initial response to Shan. Perhaps you should follow your own advice?
it’s why I was able to say this…Did they ignore it or were they working on it and not bothering to say anything about it because it didn't seem like that big of a deal? and this… I think the point being made by Bogie's comment, 'Your chain broke 57 minutes ago, the API issue has been a thing for about 6 hours now," was to illustrate that the game was supplying the needed information to keep the chain alive.
Dude, this is a baffling level of upsetting to you.
Our entire faction having put in hundreds of millions (i would say billions) torn dollars, time, effort, blood, sweat, and tears is not near this level of unhinged. Most of us got over it pretty quick once the initial heartbreak sunk in. Some of us vocally vented in frustration obviously, some put in more effort for chaining than others.
And you? Came on here throwing a tantrum like a 5 year old, telling people to go f**k themselves?? Not listening to a thing the adults in the conversation have to say. You who is in a faction for 5129 days thats never gone beyond a 2.5k chain.
Stop behaving like a little bitch lmfao this is actually f**king shameful, jesus you're acting like your parents made this account for you the day you were born and you're only just now getting to play on it.
I would even try parse this into actual phrases I could understand but the rambling is so incoherent at this point that it's actually impossible to figure out what you're trying to say.
Hysterical… I came into a discussion and gave my point of view. I asked if I was missing something and got a flippant answer as a reply and when I gave a flippant answer back was told it had nothing to do with what we had been talking about. However, let’s examine this current response shall we… can you actually tell what it was you were referring to when you say “got over it pretty quick once the initial heartbreak sunk in?”
It’s funnier to me that you think you are behaving so very more maturely than I am. I’m just someone snapping back at your comments, but of course that means I’m the one unhinged and acting like a five year old.
As far as my faction’s chain length… I honestly don’t really enjoy chaining. I run my faction and always have, so we rarely chain. See how that works? This is how true adult conversation works too.I don’t have to do things I don’t enjoy and I don’t have to be upset about someone else feeling superior about a choice I consciously make and have made for over 5000 days. Good on you for chaining! Glad it gives you validation.
No I cannot, I am a part of the latter group who felt the need to vocally vent vent vent hence this thread.
It's the swearing and insulting AT people that had me drawing that conclusion. ¯\_(?)_/¯
And as someone who has led factions (and recruited, the worst part imo) I always always always encourage everyone to find the faction that fits their needs and their gameplay - even if it's ever evolving (faction perks make a difference people!) Hell, if youd ever like to check out a large chain and collect a few merits you might be missing come vist ;) I'll let you know when we attempt our next 50k.