Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

API Bug

Started by marsey99 [1404499] on in Graveyard.

146 replies · 4.57k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 147 / 147 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

JustJanet [911066]
I’m not a little bitch and I’m not ashamed of responding in like to comments directed at me. If you think attempting to say I’m immature is hurtful to me you haven’t been paying attention. However let’s get to this bit.
I would even try parse this into actual phrases I could understand but the rambling is so incoherent at this point that it's actually impossible to figure out what you're trying to say.

Ugh! Reading is such a challenge! Let me parse it out for you. I’ll italicize my original response and then interpret in standard text.


Well I didn’t whine.

It means I didn’t whine. Sorry if that’s tough to understand.





Yes I use exclamation points and big words. I’m not sorry if that’s off putting to you! I don’t write to please you!

Punctuation and a scholarly vocabulary are just part of my charm and I’m not sorry if you don’t like it.


Go f**k yourself if you don’t like it!

At the risk of offending the gentile sensibilities of your faction mate yet again, Go f**k yourself! I think you can “parse that out” just fine.


I didn’t pick a fight. I responded to their response to me.


You accused me of picking a fight. I denied it.


I didn’t force the conversation in any which way. They responded to my comment about chains breaking.



You also accused me of forcing the direction of their response and I explained how I did not.


Do you see how if one responds to a person who is speaking about chains breaking and they choose not to address anything else but puts a flippant response about “Torn knowing the issue and deciding to ignore it” that perhaps… the person will follow the thread as it was going instead of making it broader?! That’s on them to expand not in me to infer based on their limited comment!

I am challenging you to use your comprehension skills. Sadly, that was hard for you.


Since you are the one struggling to understand the thread, go back and read my initial comment and their response.


Another challenge! If words are hard for you, reread them again. Sometimes it just takes a few reviews of the text to gain comprehension. It’s a tried and true strategy that teachers employ when students have difficulty with comprehension. “Read it again!”


When communicating it is common to use all of what’s said between the two communicating.

You can’t just read part of a conversation and then respond as if you know all of what has been said.


Follow the conversation or stay out of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Go f**k yourself.
JustJanet [911066]
Grrr! I lost the quote! Replying to this reply Shandurai’s reply

You cannot? You describe it as “heartbreak” but now, just days later, no longer know what you speak of? Interesting.

My original comment focused on the chain clock and asked if I was missing something, and you said “yes” but made no enlightening comments to explain where you were going. Thus my reply continued to focus on the topic I had previously addressed. You basically scoffed at my comments as if we had not been talking about chaining, and went on to address all other issues not impacted nor created by the out of sync replica/ API issue.


The overwhelmed servers are a different topic. Disappointment at lag is a different topic. I get where you can feel as if they are pertinent but they weren’t to the topic being discussed in our back and forth (the impact of an out of sync replica giving inaccurate API data) Especially when you then tried to convict me for not understanding the topic of conversation! It felt a bit like gas lighting.


It continued to feel like gas lighting when you then focused on the manner in which I debate. Anyone who debates regularly knows that tactic. When one has a weak argument and there’s nothing to be said in support of one’s argument, attack the opponent instead of the opponent’s points.


I am unapologetic that I freely use the cuss words in my vocabulary when it feels appropriate. Torn forums is an ideal spot to employ colorful words.

Thanks for the offer to guest, but no thanks. I’ve been a Phat_Bud from the start and I’m not interested in leaving. If ever enough of my Buds want to chain more, then they will push me to open the upgrades. They have a couple times this year, already.

Mentions: API Bug

JustJanet [911066]
If you can’t follow the thread and are too lazy to go back and read where you lost track of the thread, it’s on YOU to go back and find your loss! I showed that I knew about the other thread. If you can’t follow the argument then either give up or go back and find where you lost it! I’m not required to fill you in so it makes sense to you!


Prove to me where my question of clarification is already answered!
marsey99 [1404499]
in the op i speak of, and linked to, the thread in bugs and issues which spawned this whole thread. had you not been too lazy to follow the thread, hell even the very first post, then you might not of tried to argue with people who had. you might not be trying to dig yourself out of this hole of ignorance right now.

now to answer your question, just to make it clear it already had been answered before you asked. yet now you have the audacity to claim after i started the thread, provided the information you wanted, that i didn't follow this thread....i chose not to reply to your first post where you acted like an authority on chaining. with your wealth of experience. i could probably get your 2.5k chain done with 6 or 7 faction mates in under a day. i could get 25 people to do it in about an hour.

now to boil it down so you can comprehend it without more hand holding and any diagrams. just f**k off janet.
JustJanet [911066]
First Marsey, to be clear YOU were never asked the question! You copied it so I know you know what was asked and who it was addressed to. Second, I know I didn’t say it but it seemed clear to me that it was a rhetorical question! It was asked to spur Shan to consider the comment. There was no answer needed! I didn’t have to go look for an answer! Perhaps rhetoric is hard for you to understand.


Even if I had asked a question that needed an answer, I responded to a specific reply from Shandurai. I am under no obligation to follow every thread in the forums and only ask questions never addressed in any thread before! I choose to respond to threads that I want to. I asked an appropriate question to the response given. I’m in no obligation to go searching for the answer in other threads. That’s not how discussions work!



I in no way acted like an authority on chaining! That was the entire point of my post. An authority wasn’t needed to understand that the chain clock was working and visible to any chain watcher actually watching the chain! It’s right there to observe! No authority was needed to make that observation.


Also, I would hope that someone in a faction like yours could do a 2500 chain in a short time. Its something you guys value! It’s clearly not something I care about. I haven’t in the last 13 years or so. That’s the beauty of the game we can do things as we want and our value as a player isn’t diminished if we choose not to participate in a particular activity with the same alacrity as others. However, if I had cared and had been working on a 50k chain, I absolutely would have been watching the clock if it was my turn. I don’t have to be a speedy or experienced chainer to know how to pay attention to a clock! So cheers on your accomplishments! No hand holding was asked for nor needed.