Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torn Excuses...

Started by Bugreturns [2773146] on in General Discussion.

24 replies · 648 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 25 / 25 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
25
Discussion span
→
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
56 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Bugreturns [2773146]
As someone who has spent Trick or Treat at work popping from the warehouse I work in to borrow the next door departments computer "to check a stock issue" I wonder....

What is the lengths you have gone to to steal Torn time...

Excuses, outright lies and general mendacity appreciated
narO [2312928]
I don't lie to anyone, I come into work and openly play Torn on my phone, hell I'm typing this at work right now any my boss just walked over to say hi
Runalf [2047589]
I work 8 hours a day. But most of the days I actually work 1 hour and playing Torn/do something else for the remaining hours.

There are days I have to work longer ofc.
DisK [2562220]
One day during Halloween I pretended I was REALLY constipated from some Mexican food because I had to dump hits twice over my shift, about 7 mins each time because phone torn. It's a shame that I won't be able to use that excuse again for a while though
Beerstein [1322136]
Next time bring Taco Bell into the office, no one will even question it. Just make sure you use some of the shitty salsa otherwise they might know you're...not? full of shit...
Beerstein [1322136]
Lol you been playing 2 years, you better f**kin hope a teacher doesn't recognize it, they could easily be 15 years in. They're gonna perma hosp your ass in game and it's gonna be epic.

"Do your homework or I'll hosp you for the entire semester" haha.
CRLF [2095076]
Can you imagine the look on the kid's face?

Bounty reason: Playing Torn before finishing assignment in Mrs Thompson's class.

Goes to principal... Uh, I think Mrs. Thompson is playing this online game Torn during study period.

Principal -- It's ok, she's in my faction. Get your work done or we'll be chaining on you.
LuckyLass [2203310]
Not really.

I have been known to put a movie on during an event ... or have students do meaningless research on their own devices.
Beerstein [1322136]
and you deadass know if this happened this wouldn't be a "gonna hosp you forever and get bored after a week" this is like a teachers dream come true, they'd be dropping every chain bonus on your head while laughing uncontrollably for an entire year.
CRLF [2095076]
On the positive side, I have found that schoolkids in Torn *will* get their grades up in exchange for DPs. It's a pity more parents don't realize that. It's a cheap way to get them to do their work.