Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

.

Started by men [2737987] on in Graveyard.

12 replies · 307 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
47
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
40 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
55 / 100
Engagement score
60 / 100

Most-liked replies

Solaris [459981]
World cancer day is February 4th, which looks like it overlaps with the weekend roadtrip event in Torn. As far as I know there is nothing in game to observe Cancer day. I doubt that many people would be opposed to having something for it but not sure that it really fits in well either, although we change the logo for Guy Fawkes day which doesn't make much sense for a US city either...
Godcheezi [2116001]
I thoroughly respect your ideology, cancer is something we should be extremely aware of but alas, I don't see it fitting in Torn comfortably. Love you brother.
Lady_Roisin [2772981]
As someone dealing with stage four cancer myself, a resounding NO. Torn is for escapism, it's where I'm not ill, it's where I don't have to face anything I don't choose to, it's pain relief, stress relief and downright pure ignore the world time.

Such a day, just wouldn't fit in properly as others have said too.
Lollyn [2619037]
Much love to you, but no. For the same reasons already mentioned. There is enough real outside and I leave it at the door of Torn, as I know many others do.
-Beesus- [1959482]
I think it’s a thoughtful idea, but unfortunately I feel like a select few toxic members of the community would just ruin its good intentions.
manic [1554958]
It's a nightmare and we're all affected by cancer, but I don't come here to have a daily awareness day/month thrust upon me.
Beerstein [1322136]
Nah, bit too heavy for Torn.

I would like a forum section for celebrating global/local holidays (as in sharing on forum) since large countries keep pushing them onto GD. Would like to see some smaller ones as well. TBH I wouldn't mind even in GD but it's a lot and last time a massive country (India) did it and exactly ZERO people shared pics of local decor, celebration etc. despite being asked. So really it's just an excuse to try to trigger the redneck idiots as is. That said, again would love to see more but with genuine intent.
TheSophia [2416867]
https://wiki.torn.com/wiki/Book_:_High_School_For_Adults

Something are just in places you might notice here at Torn.

<3