Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Pause/Unpause APIs keys

Started by Adrenalinas [1974447] on in Suggestions.

21 replies · 260 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 22 / 22 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
22
Discussion span
→
Authority score
53 / 100
Historical score
34 / 100
Story score
46 / 100
Engagement score
62 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Adrenalinas [1974447]
I know that kinda niche thing, but I try make faction reports when I need to use API heavily and want to pause all other APIs to avoid getting a temporary API ban. Also, it would be an extra security layer to avoid your API key abuse when you pause your API key when you are sleeping for example. I know you can delete APIs when registering them all again, but that takes a lot of time.


[image: i.imgur.com]
Elizabeth [2339829]
Oh sure. It'd be nice to be able to suspend access temporarily without having to go through the trouble of deleting and re entering a new key each time.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
I can certainly see the advantage, however I think the pause button would only serve to add extra noise and potential confusion to the page for 99.9% of the community (I reckon 99.9% is probably pretty accurate).

I can imagine there being more players accidentally pausing API keys and struggling to figure out why they're not working, than players actually using it as intended. It's important to remember that the vast majority of players have no interest in understanding how API systems function, they just want their tools to work. Considering their perspective, I'm certain this would have an overall net-negative impact.

You wouldn't believe the amount of effort we put into this API UX to make such a system as clear and intuitive as possible, it would be a shame to undo some of that, even slightly.