70 replies · 1.81k views · thread synced · 5 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:71 / 71 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
71
Discussion span
→
Authority score
53 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
60 / 100
Engagement score
75 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
VanilaNightmare[2310825]
· 24 likes · The top-tier laser mod is the equivalent of 55 merits in crit rate. yes, its absolutely essential.
ClaytonBigsby[2686038]
· 22 likes · this could've gone in the other thread, but yes I do missions. everyone should, since it's a direct path to perks you cannot get anywhere else (mods, books)
Candi_[914753]
· 3 likes · I do most missions, though there are a couple i cannot be bothered with, fly to SA shoot someone with a rifle is one.
this could've gone in the other thread, but yes I do missions. everyone should, since it's a direct path to perks you cannot get anywhere else (mods, books)
I kinda f**ked myself over cause my stats are so uneven right now that I couldn’t do a mission if I tried. But once I even them out a bit I’ll prob do all that I can
Everyone is telling you the same thing and I'm no different: I definitely do missions. They are a great way to obtain books, weapon mods, and special ammo.
And while it isn't generally recommended, you can spend points on decent armor and weapons (which would become more useful should any of the Ranked War items become available in this manner).
In all fairness flat buff to str still outperforms crit damage-wise on the same merit costs (e.g. 4/10 in STR+5/10 in crit is worse than 5/10 in STR +4/10 in crit) so unless you have over 250-300 merits invested into attack-related stats it only gives you like 15-20 or so merits of value(ish i don't wanna calc+it depends on the number of merits you already have) but 15-20 merits is still a decent amount of merits of value and is nothing to scoff at really it's literally free merits of value because weapon mods are nice value
Weapons mods are definitely worth it. not only is there an award for getting 20 mods, but the advantages they give in fights are significant. Once you have all the mods you want (or collect them all!) you can still buy books potentially, and also special ammo, both of which are also useful things and hard to acquire via other means.
I guess in the short term yeah missions aren't great but you'll thank yourself when you're higher stats since by then your gains start to slow down and you will have to start missions anyway since by then it'll be more efficient than training (for some mods). Since you're actually not going to have a difference in the uber-long term people will tend to recommend missions early simply because it's gonna allow you to proc your weapon mods and books more often thus allowing you to be slightly more stingy with when you grab them (i.e. if the price is high you can afford to reroll them) thus saving e.
With the new stonks if you do mission attacks 3 times a day it's basically like taking a 6% discount cans (if 25e cans) with no booster cooldown
I value mission credits pretty high, and try to do them with minimal costs to energy invested even it takes a temp enhancer or a can for somebody to help with the mission. Things like accuracy scale up pretty good into late game. For me the focus now is on sights, lights and lasers maxed out
21:11:27 - 19/01/21 You exchanged 1,370 mission credits for 1x Book : Ugly Energy 17:47:19 - 16/12/21 You exchanged 1,419 mission credits for 1x Book : Fight Like An Asshole 18:42:04 - 10/08/22 You exchanged 1,891 mission credits for 1x Book : Fuelling Your Way To Failure 08:14:53 - 26/10/22 You exchanged 1,440 mission credits for 1x Book : Milk Yourself Sober
Add up some mods, 22k special ammo used, probably around additional 10k lying in stockpile. Definitely worth it