Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Hacking crime

Started by Kapranos [2406476] on in Questions & Answers.

9 replies · 291 views · thread synced · 11 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
3
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
29 / 100
Engagement score
53 / 100
Kapranos [2406476]
Hi guys, I've maxed out the computer science education and can do hacking crimes, however I'm still a relatively low level with average stats (shown below), am I wasting my time (and nerve) attempting to do hacking crimes as I usually get sent to jail for them right away.
  • Manual labor 7,528
  • Intelligence 4,028
  • Endurance 8,095
  • Total 19,651
J-A-X [2844051]
I read somewhere that INT needs to be >5k in order for your success rate to get higher.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also what's your NNB
LegendaryKing11 [2804919]
Intelligence has to be high and your ce has to be reasonably high too.

The guides say that >35 nnb is the best for hacking but you will be stuck in there forever if you don’t arson for compensation. You can get a few success in 25-30 nnb too. 20 is too low for hacking, focus on thorough robbery for a while now.
-Castiel [494682]
If you are serious about doing hacking when the time comes for cash I suggest a meat warehouse job for the 50% less hit to your crime experience. With the int and wireless dongle and 35 nnb you should hit an average of 80 - 85 % success and with the job could slightly gain crime experience over a long period.
SPGoding [2826456]
NNB = nerve bar - merit - fac upgrade, so your NNB should be 20?

It is recommended to do thorough robbery to 25 NNB, and do warehouse arson to 35 NNB, until then you can try hacking, and join a meathouse can help increasing the succ rate.

Check the guide from above posts for details : )
Robbo [1826175]
yes you are wasting your time, its only advisable to do FBI hacks whilst in a meat warehouse company because of the ce loss reduction perk. Those jailings will be crippling your nerve bar, I'm surprised you haven't been down-grading it yet.

it sounds to me like someone has suggested doing hacking to you to build up to arsons going down the safe crime route. The crime you might be getting mixed up with is STEALTH VIRUS, the 9 nerve branch commonly used as a stepping stone to arsons and I've seen it called hacking before.

So in summary, FBI hacking terrible, stealth virus good.
CockyNudist [2209950]
I'm pretty sure OP is talking about stealth viruses considering his nerve bar. Anyways, I'd recommend just going straight from thorough robberies to arsons as soon as you're able to do them since they're much better for increasing your nnb.