Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Education+

Started by Fungi [2538571] on in Suggestions.

7 replies · 129 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
11
Authority score
27 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
49 / 100

Most-liked replies

Fungi [2538571]
The education courses in Torn are of mixed opinion among citizens, based on my observations. Some people love them, some people are bored by them... Personally, I think they just need a little bit of love!

People are thrilled by their passive and active boosts to gameplay. Play wise, it's another source of benefits. Immersion wise it makes sense also - if you spend time doing something, you're going to get better at it!

My issue comes from the extremely limited curriculum available to Torn City citizens. The current courses offered amount to approximately high-school equivalent education; over the many years of Torn City's existence, I feel that this would have naturally changed. Specialists would be trying to open up workshops, activists would travel to aid underprivileged people(Torn citizens), there would be tons of room for more education to be offered in torn.

Some of my basic ideas(inspired by a conversation in Global Chat) include;


-Trades
-Advanced Medicine
-Finances
-Communications

These branches of Edu+ could result in additional buffs such as;



TRADES - Increased damage/proficiency with manual labour tools(shovels, welding mask, sledgehammer, etc), Bonuses to relevant battle stats and work stats

ADVANCED MEDICINE - Increased reviving skill/perks, medical item effectiveness/cooldown, self revive, reduced hosp times

FINANCES - Bank perks, stock perks(BB multiplier?), increased vault storage

COMMUNICATIONS - Anonymous group messages, *Access to new chat system when released(this would be neat af, unlock the new chat features through edu)

Let's discuss in the comments! What do you all think of the idea of Education+?

EDIT: As pointed out by Hemi, I didn't include anything relevant to the access to this education. These Edu+ courses would be unlocked via purchasing your "Edu+ class seat"(or similar) in the points shop. It would be unavailable for purchase until a predetermined amount of education courses were completed(perhaps all of them)
hemi [2165616]
I would imagine most ppl who feel boredom toward EDUs are the ones that finished them and have nothing to work toward anymore.. that still takes 4 or 5 years, and in this case yes I agree we need more higher educations for the folks that have completed everything....

I don't agree that basic educations need to be expanded just because people don't want to do the "boring" ones like comp sci or museum... thousands of players before you had to do them, so you should have to too, before you're granted access to anything "more fun" that torn might add in the future.

TLDR: PLEASE add more edus but make them only available to ppl who completed the existing ones already
Fungi [2538571]
I will edit OP to include this, I'm embarrassed for not mentioning it before but this was my original intention! :) unlocked by purchsing a "seat" in the points shop, only accessible after completing "high-school"
HerrSchmidt [2069746]
You're a supreme slayer. You haven't even started the game.

I suggest you play the game as it exists - you'll quickly discover education is the least of torns issues requiring overhaul.
Fungi [2538571]
I even searched for similar topics... I really dislike these forums tbh lol I like your idea. R+! Perhaps that could be a branch in this; would you mind if I reference your suggestion as a 5th branch of Edu+? I don't feel they're quite "same" enough to consider duplicate, but we could definitely combine them somehow :) PM me if you wanna chat about it
hemi [2165616]
The current education courses aren't high school though.. You get a bachelor's degree for all of them which means they're undergrad college courses.

I would expect continuing education courses to take thrice as long and cost thrice as much -- imagine like special gyms, a class costs 50-100m and you gotta pay 1b+ to get ur master's :) Now THAT i fux with heavy