I understand the SSL was never meant to rival happy jumps and drug use, but the way it currently is you are basically crippling yourself by choosing to take this route. Easy solution would be to not use the SSL, but this leads to the question why even have it as an option if drugs are astronomically superior (not to mention the poor message this sends to the youth, "USE DRUGS KIDS, THEY'RE GREAT"). "Oh go cry more you idiotic SSL pleb" I can hear you shouting, but hear me out. Why not just have a moderate increase to the gains given from SSL? Then players that choose this route through determination and expensive can/booster usage can at least be closer to competitive with drug users. I still think drugs should be the optimal route (because lets be honest, drugs ARE pretty great.) but I don't think a minor boost to the SSL would be game breaking, would it? Lets discuss
Make the SSL actually worthwhile
Started by astrangegorgon [2279414] on in Suggestions.
About this thread
Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 8
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 5
- Likes on archived posts
- 28
- Authority score
- 27 / 100
- Historical score
- 23 / 100
- Story score
- 41 / 100
- Engagement score
- 52 / 100
Agreed. Play the game your way, BUT, you must be a heavy xanax user of you will forever be behind the rest.
Really sucks to be at such a disadvantage against drug users.
Really sucks to be at such a disadvantage against drug users.
SSL route gives faction leaders an easy way to spot idiots tho
bump?????
I think Bogie’s position on this is SSL is the games easy mode, so it’s purpose is to be there for people that don’t want to invest the time for the extra gains of drug use.
Idk if easy mode is the right way to describe it. It definitely makes some aspects of the game harder. My biggest reason for choosing the SSL path other than the fact I realized I was under the 150 xan/ex total before it was too late was my ridiculous OD percentage. I had the worst luck with OD's and just got tired of stacking for two days and then popping that last xan or E and wasting all that time. My friends who had played longer than me couldn't believe how often I would OD.
This post has 8 upvotes currently, so close yet so far. Perhaps we can all hope the great Bogie will bless this post.
This post has 8 upvotes currently, so close yet so far. Perhaps we can all hope the great Bogie will bless this post.
SSL is for people who value money over stats, it’s that simple. Nothing wrong with that, but if you value stats more than net worth then you gotta fork out the 3 mill a day on Xanax and eventually dozens of mill a day when rehab price goes up. If you take pride in being ssl, that’s fine, but no one else cares. It isn’t harder, it’s just focusing another aspect of the game harder.
This, but I would also argue making money is easier than making stats. Therefor chowing SSL is choosing easy mode