92 replies · 3.71k views · thread synced · 5 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:93 / 93 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
93
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
65 / 100
Engagement score
81 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
KindaEpicMoah[2493924]
· 72 likes · Can't believe how dedicated Torn is to making Black Friday in Torn as shitty as Black Friday in real life
olesien[2187764]
· 25 likes · Meanwhile: [image: i.gyazo.com] 29th place >.> Didn't stock up on enough hammers it would seem. It was however very fun! Hope I made some people's days :)
Cartel[2336292]
· 23 likes · Butterbane, the winner of 4 SEs, actually GAINED networth on Black Friday along with his selling of 10,000 hammers.. lol
The event could definitely use some better changes in rewarding the winners.
Atm it's just the guy with most hammers and barely any fun trying to win the event.
Maybe leave the requirements for winning dp the same but as for top 10 sellers who'd receive SE's, could change it as players with most number of unique customers who bought items worth over 1m or something.
This might help reducing the spam of hammers and people would stick to either sell cheap stuff get dp / sell expensive stuff at a chance to win SE.
their requirement of unique customers promotes spamming cheap and useless stuff. That certainly need some change. instead of unique customers, maybe average value of items * unique customers could be used for the rankings.
Maybe even limiting the no. of items each person can buy could also be an interesting change. For example, at the start of the event each person can buy 50 items, which could be bought from any bazaar, once they buy it up, all items at 1$ will be locked until the next event. This will encourage players to be more mindful of the stuff they buy instead of just buying a bunch of junk.
I think the best way to run the event is have a requirement for sellers.
Must post items valued over 5m
Must post atleast 20 items every 5 minutes (120 total items)
Can’t post the same item more than 100 times.
The $1 lock thing should be modifying the unique sellers. I sold almost 1k items this year and only had 300 unique customers? Sounds like RNG plays a role in this as well.
This event literally needs a bazaar system that lets you limit players to buying 1 of a single item per day. Too bad I suggested that 2 years ago and ched shit on the idea because he has something infinitely worse in mind. And so, people instead list garbage weapons because each have a unique item ID that prevents a single player from buying all of the items. Which lets them get their unique seller number up. If we could limit 1/player for non-unique IDs we might see something more meaningful.
If you want to be frustrated you can check out my suggestion and Ched's absurd response. Other people have been commenting about it recently (this will have no effect because Ched has already said no), but that means it is only on the 4th page instead of on the 20th page as a suggestion from 2 years ago.
I gave away what I could at the time, I didn't prepare anything special but I did try to give away as much as I was expecting to get out of the event. I didn't get anything out of the event, so I'm down a DP and a bit salty about that. I won't be taking part next year, so you can take the slot I would've tried reserving and I wish you good luck.
I'm definitely planning to change the seller requirements because there seem to be more people doing this than in previous years. The suggestion of an average price might work. One obvious rule that we really should've put in already is to limit the quantity of any one item to 20 or so. Any after the first 20 simply aren't counted towards your total.
Probably the most realistic event in this game, tbf. Just as shit & pointless as it has become in real life. :-/
Not to take away from those who do try to make the event interesting/worth our time but, there are just far too many who don't give a shit about anything other than what they can get out of it.