Just wanted to bring up a discussion on this. Since it is hot off the press.
The Twitter Files
Started by FJCipher [2691754] on in Politics & Law.
About this thread
Posts archived: 29 / 29 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 29
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 10 / 100
- Historical score
- 14 / 100
- Story score
- 39 / 100
- Engagement score
- 65 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Collete [1389080]
· 5 likes ·
perhaps post some of them ? - Lenin [2199004]
· 5 likes ·
is it literally just the hunter biden nonsense? twitter has shadow banned so much shit, this is hella cringe if it's literally just gunna be that dumb ass crap edit: rhcp thinks this is all there really is, lmao cringe - angrysc0tsman12 [1099272]
· 3 likes ·
You mean to tell me that a PRIVATE corporation took actions which they thought were in their best interest at the time?
perhaps post some of them ?
Musk sadly wants attention from the GroomersOnPatrol. Dude has been acting like Jared from Subway lately. He seems like another sikk rich mofo who is bored of his kinks and needs to spread out his eagle wings of hate. I can only imagine all of the messed up sh!t he did on his way down to rock bottom. Bury the fake b with his worthless crypto.
is it literally just the hunter biden nonsense? twitter has shadow banned so much shit, this is hella cringe if it's literally just gunna be that dumb ass crap
edit: rhcp thinks this is all there really is, lmao cringe
edit: rhcp thinks this is all there really is, lmao cringe
No idea what this is. You're going to have to provide some context.
seems like its about some hunter biden stuff in 2020...
wouldn't suprise me if these tech companies actually played a role at censoring news releases about it tbh. they are largely pro-democrat.
wouldn't suprise me if these tech companies actually played a role at censoring news releases about it tbh. they are largely pro-democrat.
You mean to tell me that a PRIVATE corporation took actions which they thought were in their best interest at the time?
The allegation is that Twitter was prompted by government officials to take actions. I read some of Matt Taibbi's thread. I suppose if they can prove some things, it might be a big deal. But nothing will happen.
I'm thinking of a number. Discuss.
If you want your thread to devolve into straw-manning, whataboutism, name calling and petty arguments, you're going to have to provide some context for the 'discussion'.
If you want your thread to devolve into straw-manning, whataboutism, name calling and petty arguments, you're going to have to provide some context for the 'discussion'.
Lame excuse. Private companies should still be held accountable and liable to punishment for what they do.
Except that's not what's being alleged though. Tweets 8 and 10 make note that as a broad generality, requests from both parties were made to Twitter however the main point in all of that is to note that Twitter staff members overwhelmingly slant to the left in their political leanings. At no point is it being claimed that the Biden campaign or anyone in the government tried to get this story buried.
Accountable for what? The bill of rights only limits government actors when it comes to free speech; not private companies.
ok. Nobody is alleging that then. I don't really care. Nothing will happen, and maybe nothing should.
*edit to add; James Woods says he's going to sue the DNC over this, so somebody is alleging government participation. But, like I said, nothing will happen. I would imagine that even if the DNC was complicit, they will have some pretext or have sufficiently covered their tracks.
*edit to add; James Woods says he's going to sue the DNC over this, so somebody is alleging government participation. But, like I said, nothing will happen. I would imagine that even if the DNC was complicit, they will have some pretext or have sufficiently covered their tracks.
Spending $44B on Twitter, to release files....about Hunter Biden's dick and porn....and doing it after mid terms.
Elon Musk is a dumb mf.
Elon Musk is a dumb mf.
The DNC isn't part of the government, though.
As Ripley has already pointed out, the DNC is not the federal government. James Woods suing is simply theatre.
yeah, I suppose they are not part of the governing body. I feel like this is a dumb argument to begin with. There are allegations (defined; a claim or assertion that someone has done something illegal or wrong, typically one made without proof) that the government colluded with Twitter. Taibbi names Trump White House and Biden Team as making requests to Twitter that were handled. There is no real proof of anything and I didn't make that claim. I didn't feel like it was a hot take. Do you really feel like nobody is making allegations that the government is involved? Maybe I should have used "imply". Do you really feel like nobody is implying that the government is involved?
*edit, no need to reply and continue this. I felt like this was somewhat rhetorical.
*edit, no need to reply and continue this. I felt like this was somewhat rhetorical.
this is a dumb argument... the whole thing. I think the thread should focus on something else.
I agree it's dumb. This whole story is literally a nothing burger.
I don't feel like anything; I still don't know what this is, exactly, and I don't care enough to look it up. My interest in Twitter goes no further than the conversations that take place about it here. I don't use it, the people I know largely don't use it, and it seldom comes up at work. I was just pointing out that the DNC isn't part of the government.