59 replies · 2.38k views · thread synced · 5 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:60 / 60 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
60
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
32 / 100
Story score
64 / 100
Engagement score
77 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Zenya[2669158]
· 72 likes · If only there was a suggestion forum...
GenShinigami[2664617]Reporter
· 41 likes · I would much rather see the existing drugs updated and adjusted so there's a reason to use anything other than Ecstasy, Vicodin, and Xanax. LSD is used by SSL users. (More power to them, but that's still a very small …
MsExa[1745481]Committee
· 38 likes · Is there a secret message in your capital letters? Are you in danger?
Hi people Of Torn, Based on the Drug and crime based scenario on Torn, i think the people of Torn are missing on a very important drug used and sold by most Drug- King pins in the world, and that's Cocaine.
On behalf of The Global Elites, we have decided to put up a request to Ched, to grant our request by bringing in Cocaine.
Cocaine being one of the most trafficked, with a lot of Drug King pins, involving in Cocaine deals, would be a great addition to drugs on Torn.
It can have specials like : 20% addition to dex and def, with side effects and a cool down of 3hrs or possibly gives 150e, and 50 nerves.
I would much rather see the existing drugs updated and adjusted so there's a reason to use anything other than Ecstasy, Vicodin, and Xanax.
LSD is used by SSL users. (More power to them, but that's still a very small subsection of players.) Cannabis is used on 4/20 for the merit. Ketamine arguably has some use in territory wars, but I think general consensus is that it's beat out by Vicodin. Opium is... I actually like Opium in theory, because it is an interesting and unique option. But still, outside of trying to get OD progress for your faction while you're fully stacked on E, no really utilized for what it does. PCP is only used for the rare gimmick account that wants a Battle Stat in the negative. Shrooms... Holy hell is this drug bad. +500 Happiness and -25e, and then a penalty to all battle stats? Jesus. Speed is another Worse Vicodin, plus trying to have negative battle stats.
So aside from the Big Three (one of which falls off once you're out of Happy Jump range) you have maybe two that could actually be argued as useful in some way?
Now I'm on my soapbox, so I guess I'll pitch what I think could be "better" effects. Bear in mind, this is largely off the top of my head, so balance is very much relative, and numbers would likely need to be tuned in.
Xanax/Vicodin/Ecstasy keep the same. We'll use these as a rough baseline for unique effects which are distinctly powerful enough in their own way to be desirable. I'm also not going to try and come up with unique or different OD effects, though I think that nuking Energy/Nerve/Happiness the way these do across the board is a tad boring. Maybe someone else can run with that ball.
Cannabis - Cooldown is already incredibly short, but I might suggest that it reduces Nerve Cost for crimes by 10%, and the cooldown by extended to 180-240 minutes. Leads to some interesting choices when trying to raise your Crimes, over your Battle Stats. Or doing Hacking Crimes for money.
Ketamine - Theoretically this can be used for Super Tanking. It also has a short cooldown. So let's lean more heavily into it. -30% to Strength and Speed, but add 100% to your Defense. Perhaps give a % chance that you'll have a massive Defense spike during one attack per fight. Scale that as your HP gets lower? Keep the cooldown as it is, so it requires people to maintain and monitor it, you can't just go to sleep.
LSD - I think keeping this more or less in the same state is fine, because while SSL users aren't common, it is fine to allow niche and sub-optimal gameplay styles. I might suggest slightly buffing it if anything, since Xanax is so superior.
Opium - A cool concept, and a very unique mechanic. Effectively giving the option to tie your Medical Cooldown to your Drug Cooldown. I think it could be good to have it reduce Hospital Times while on it by 20% or so, to emphasize the effect, maybe go so far as to increase Health Recovery by 10% as well.
PCP - Ugh. Less Good Vicodin. Let's ditch the combat boosts entirely. Gives +10% to all Gym Training while under the effect of this drug. Cooldown 240-360 minutes.
Shrooms - Yeeeeesh. Maybe the single WORST drug. What is the current use case for this supposed to be? I'm almost at a loss for this. T retain anything resembling the original effect ties it to Happiness. But we have Ecstasy for Happiness, and outside of specific circumstances Happiness is not highly valued. What if we go crazy with this and say that while under the effects of this drug, your Happiness does not reset? Cool down of 120-240 minutes but it ALWAYS ends on the quarter hour? Leads to some potentially interesting ways to combine it with Ecstasy I guess.
Speed - We have a couple of heavily defensive options, which fill a space unique from Vicodin now, let's make an aggressive option. +100% to Strength and Speed and -50% to Defense and Dexterity. Maybe increase the effectiveness of Steroids by 15% while on this drug?
I dunno. Like I said, all of those numbers can be tweaked and adjusted. But it's a crying shame to have this design space open for all kinds of interesting and unique opportunities, and instead have such milquetoast options instead. (And yes, I know that Love Juice exists, but I think that's fine where it is, since it's such a specific drug and circumstance.)
I put myself through undergrad hauling a Henry around office buildings. Definitely the best little vacuums you can buy - light as a dime, and more sucky-sucky for your suction-buying dollar.
And of course, even after a bump or two of coke, they have plenty of suck left over for your other stalwart companion.
Of course, if you're going to do that, you might prefer a Hetty.