Hello,
I've searched around a bit, and I've seen some information on the Wiki relating to companies benefiting from a maximum of 3 trainers, but I haven't been able to find anything more specific. I always assumed that each trainer would provide 1 additional train per day. I recently started a new Candle Shop and have had 3 very low stat employees assigned to trainer roles for two days now. No trains have been generated yet, so I'm thinking my assumption about how trainers generate trains was incorrect. Can anyone provide more information on how this works?
Thanks in advance,
UV
I think it’s the higher their effectiveness the more trains they generate.
following
The trainers need an ee of at least 90, (could be higher) which can be reached by meeting the listed stats. At a certain range, they'll provide 2 (heard ~125 ee)
Ok cool, that gives me something to test out and see how it works. Thanks for the tip, I'll swap employees around and see if I can figure it out and report back,
Following for any observations you find. I'll see what data I can scrounge up too :)
Reporting in to say I have two trainers currently: one at 109 efficiency, one at 97 efficiency. They each produce 1 train daily. I have someone in the Quality Controller role who is at 86 efficiency and would be at 74 efficiency as a trainer, so I've decided to use him as a trainer to experiment.. but unfortunately the next best person to be in the Quality Controller role will only have 18% efficiency (effectively 40% with director training and settled in bonus, and they have no addiction). I get 3 trains daily now with the two trainers and one from being a 1* shop (got that on Sunday!). Thinking I'm going to distribute trains between the new trainer and the quality controller for a few days. Will keep an eye on the new trainer's efficiency level and whether or not they produce trains on a daily basis and report back in when I have more info.
A brief update: After swapping things around, my company generated 4 trains today (3 from trainers, 1 from being a 1* company). The third trainer only has an efficiency of 75 and still produced a train! I'll keep an eye on things and make sure it wasn't just a fluke for the first day, but definitely seems hopeful.
I also spoke with a faction mate who runs a much higher level candle shop and he said that the necessary stats for a trainer producing 2 trains is 150 efficiency.
12/22/22 Edit: Checked again today, the third trainer (lowest efficiency) is now at 81 efficiency and produced another train again today. Not sure where they cut off is, but it seems apparent that it doesn't require a full 90 efficiency to get daily trains out of a trainer employee.
Another report: I have been shuffling things around some more and have a trainer sitting at only 72 efficiency (+25 working stats, +10 settled in, +2 merits, +12 director education, +23 management) and they have produced a train! It's honestly hard for me to put anyone in the position who will have lower efficiency, but I do have a couple employees with slightly lower work stats that I'm going to try to rotate in. I'll continue posting updates if I find lower efficiencies that still produce trains (or find lower efficiencies that don't). It seems like at least 70 efficiency will produce trains, maybe less than that even.
Edit: 1/2/23 Update: My company is currently at 2* and has 3 trainers of efficiencies 81, 72 and 68. 4 trains were produced today, 2 from company stars and 2 from trainers. I have two theories: one is that 1 train is produced at a minimum of 70 efficiency and then 2 trains are produced at a minimum of 150 efficiency. The other theory I had is that maybe for every 75 efficiency of trainers (dispersed across as many trainers as needed) 1 train will be produced which might explain why some folks have noticed that trainers with 150 efficiency will produce 2 trains daily. My trainers currently add up to 221 efficiency, so if that theory is correct, when they reach 225 efficiency they should begin producing 3 trains daily. I'm not sure the best way to test this theory, I was thinking I might train the 68 efficiency trainer once per day until they get to 70 efficiency then see if another train is produced or if it doesn't happen until the total efficiency of all three trainers reaches 225. I'm going to keep an eye on the trainers over the next few days and see what I see, will report back once I learn more.
Edit: 1/5/23 Update: Company is still a 2* but I got the trainers total efficiency up to 227 (83, 76 and 68), but still only 4 trains were produced today. So I'm back to thinking it's evaluated on a per employee basis and employees likely generate 1 train at 70 efficiency and 2 at 150 efficiency.
Edit: 1/6/23 Update: Well now I'm definitely a little confused. My company produced 4 trains again today, 2 from stars and 2 from trainers. Their current efficiencies are 84, 76 and 71. I guess the mark isn't at 70 efficiency. Maybe the mark is at exactly 72 efficiency? Seems weird. I'll keep testing.
Edit: 1/7/23 Update: Now I'm even more confused. Still only produced 4 (2 from trainers) trains today, but the trainers efficiencies are at 83, 77 and 75. Hmm.
1/8/23 Update: Still only got 4 trains today, 2 for stars and 2 for trainers. Trainers current efficiencies are 83, 78, and 76. I'm surprised to see they aren't producing 3 trains now. Also the company didn't star up today even though my company is making more income than all of the four star companies. I'm thinking it must be because my company is so new. If it was purely based on income, we should have earned another star.
1/10/23 Update: Still at 4 trains, 2 from stars, 2 from trainers.. Current trainer efficiencies: 89, 80, and 78. Can't say I understand why they aren't producing 3 trains between them. Maybe the fact that I previously had a higher efficiency employee as a trainer with the 2 lower efficiency ones offset the lower efficiency ones enough to produce 3 trains. I'm tempted to swap things up until they're producing 3 trains again, but I also want to see this experiment through. My current protocol is to train each trainer once per day and use the last train on rotating employees, planning to do this until the trainers are producing 3 trains daily. I'm thinking maybe my cumulative trainer efficiency theory from before is correct but the required efficiency may be higher than I guessed from my initial experience.
1/12/23 Update: I forgot to check yesterday, but I checked today and there are 10 trains built up, so 5 were produced yesterday and today. Current trainer efficiencies are 92, 81 and 80, adding up to a cumulative total efficiency of 253. I'm not sure, but I'm thinking maybe for 3 trains to be produced, the trainers' efficiencies have to total to at least 250? Previously when I had 3 trainers producing 3 trains with 2 in the 70's efficiency range, one was above 100 (can't remember precisely how high), but 250 seems like it would make sense. If that is true, I'm wondering if the 90 efficiency posted by TacoCat is the required total efficiency for trainers to produce at least 1 train, with 150 EE being required to produce 2 (as noted by OsRavan) and then 250 required to produce 3.
This is likely to be my last update on the subject, at least for a while. I may write a short guide at some point, especially if I can pin down the details with more accuracy, but for now I'm satisfied to have a theory that seems plausible and to have my trainers producing 3 trains again with minimal working stats. Hope this is helpful to someone one day :)
hehe been a bit since i saw this thread, im gonna have to look into doing some testing to try to confirm :p
i am only guessing , that maybe you can check it out on every mondays, monday is the day , that your company can promote in stars. that is why it is important that your employees go for rehab , on sundays. I am also guessing that the EE is based on the individual trainer. Just guessing based on your surveys that you posted. And maybe the number of stars a company has , affects whether you can have more free trains from trainers. haha
I am unsure of what is happening with your specific company and your trials. I've never checked it as you have done.
I highly doubt stars have an impact on the number of trains received, but I'm happy to be corrected.
I also highly doubt it's a cumulative thing.
In my experience, an efficiency of 152 is needed for a single trainer to produce 2 trains. Might be 154, I noticed this in an LS I ran about a year ago now.
Also, the day that company change stars is Sunday. The level of addiction at the time of this specific update has no bearing on whether you star up or not. All that matter are that you have the hidden company exp needed to gain a star, and that you have the total weekly sales to be at the top of your star range AND your sales exceed that of the lowest companies in the star range above yours.
Guessing Olduncle is kiwi or Aussie so is ahead of TCT, and it's Monday his time that he has seen the changes.