Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Extra Spawn Rate Sham

Started by Jaapster [2440938] on in General Discussion.

41 replies · 1.52k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 42 / 42 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
42
Discussion span
→
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
58 / 100
Engagement score
72 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Jaapster [2440938]
Is it just me or is the xtra spawn rate bonus a scam and not working? Or is it just a eye blind to make you feel you are doing better than a new player who has a spwan rate of 0%? Just asking since in rl i can see someone doing 15mil/day better than me with a much lower spawn rate.
Hamr [2027992]
It could be they are more active, or had keys saved up from previous years and made bank on those this year

Also, of you're just on loot maps your rate of prizes will be lower than on the globe maps
Jaapster [2440938]
Im just playing globe maps. Also i should mention i had the most gifts the first day on irubuya's map and endless road.

I play extensively (shamed but still lol) and even a busy day with playing ct every 4-5 hrs (according to help guides) does not improve it. Every 15min neither.

My rl friends that i see daily has a less spawn rate and much bigger return than me even though less active. And not just during ct but year round.

So just asking. I think Ched is eye blinding us into thinking we are better off. But he gets his sub fee, we keep playing so he wins in the end and dont care lol
Whisper [1828766]
log in to see Santa, get a free gift from pick a present and spin the wheel, go do 5 games and then work on obtaining a new snowglobe, if you have all the globes just spend 30-60 minutes walking around a globe map

repeat every 24 hours
Shoop [1326199]
Personally I’ve given up on CT this year. I get the 5 tokens a day and leave it.
It’s just not fun aimlessly walking around for like 4 hours to get a can of goose juice…
PlatypusRex [2603798]
ct is shit. 55 chests found, 1 f'ing key. not worth my time. Let's have 2 Halloweens a year until they figure out their shit.
Qfiffle [2557282] Committee Committee
There's some kind of soft cap on items you can receive before you have to wait out a cooldown period (6 hours, I think). So increased spawn rate only seems to mean you hit your cap faster. I don't think it means you get more stuff overall.
Qfiffle [2557282] Committee Committee
I believe last year it was confirmed that only holds up to a few hundred million NW. Basically just to stop brand new players/multis getting game-changing amounts. After that, everyone gets the same no matter what NW.
fuck [2669774]
I have 80% "spawn" rate and 9x my nw than last year, yet my finds are half as good as what they were last year
Orange_Walrus [2601735]
14 chests opened thus far this week (started CT with 0 keys), one fhc, one book of carols, one bct, three drug packs and 15 x-mass as the premium loot and countless other stuff, have well stacked bonus chance from ornaments and roam around in globe maps a while in connection with taking xanax

Edit: I don't use any scripts so don't get penalized drop rates
AlleywayJack [2365488]
I thought that my drops were worse, because they sort of feel like they're worse.

But my Torn report data from the previous year shows that I'm actually set to make more from this year than the previous year by a sizeable amount, despite only having three more ornaments than the previous year.
Brother [2590792]

Case is the opposite here mate, last year I found 669 items with the value of $443,104,822, this year; I found 182 items with the value of $136,336,382, I might hit half what I got last year imo
EDIT: this ^ is including items from chests also

Mystery gifts stats are

Total value:$68,209,118
No. of Items: 109

SirJux [2695126]
Just an observation. Max items I have found a day is 25. 13 presents + 12 items from combo chests. After that i waited 6h for supposed cooldown and during the next 6h I scanned CT map around 2.5h total and didnt get anything anymore.

Its just a theory but maybe 25 items a day is max you can get.
Few ppl I have asked that surpassed that ammount just opened key chest after they had reached/ were close to 25 items a day.
Robbo [1826175]
So you got 25 free items and felt entitled to more?

This f**king place lol, If I dont find anything within 2 minutes of walking I give up and try again later. f**k walking around the stupid map for hours.