Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Super fast attacks or scripting?

Started by Jabajaba [2499335] on in Questions & Answers.

26 replies · 884 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 27 / 27 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
27
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
69 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Jabajaba [2499335]
Hey guys,

I wonder, does this look like refreshing on the attack screen or does this look like a script user?

I safe sold some items, and ghost traded. I waited about 10-15 mins until I decided to med out after the last item was sold, during the entire time I was online, then this happens:

10:41:35 - 02/01/23 You used a Blood Bag : O+ from Unity's armory recovering 1,721 life and reducing hospital time by 0h 33m

10:41:40 - 02/01/23 Someone anonymously mugged you for $0 sending you to the hospital for 0h 45m

Attacked and defeated within 5 seconds - this looks like a near instant attack.

The script concern comes from the fact that I was self hospitalised for 45+ mins, and could have medded out at any time, so was someone really refreshing the attack page for a solid 40+ mins??

Or is there another way?

Thanks
Minus_One [2138053]
Assuming they were just an opportunistic mugger and not a buymugger, they'd have no reason to watch you closely until the items you mentioned were sold, so no reason why'd they would need to watch you for the full 40+ minutes.

Secondly, I imagine they could also be watching whether you were idle or active (which can be done legally with scripting), since that can be a good indicator of when you're about to med out. You likely clicked around a bit before medding out, which drew the focus of the mugger in question.

---

The question of timing shouldn't be based on when the money was actually taken, it should be when the attack was initiated. That will likely show the attack came maybe 2 seconds after the med out, which is not unreasonable if someone is refreshing on your attack page.
Taxxon [882264]
Scripts on bazaar sells are common but hard to prove any wrongdoing. Just do what you did, wait a bit, med out and continue to wait. Doesnt matter what theyre doing if you arent holding.
omeletron [2678064]
Could have just had you on stakeout, got the alert that you were out, and started the attack. TornTools is a hell of a drug.
Eyjafjalla [2553944]
as long as you gt in hosp then close bazaar as soon as you med you're safe, if it was initiated 1s after you medded that would be a bit suspicious though.
Robbo [1826175]
nah, the alert from torn tools has like, 3 or 4 seconds lag, you need to be on their page f5'ing to be that fast. I mean, if you dual screened with the attack page open and one shotted them, then maybe I guess

if the target is online its more likely people will be watching the profile
DedeSiregar [2430598]
Lol silly you. Not having any reason? If he just sold something worth above $1b, there will be $100m reason to wait for him getting out hosp. Many noobs just can't wait to transfer their money from gt to vault the second they med out. Even if the mugger got $0 on 9 mugs, 1 good mug will make his energy 10m/ hit.
40 minutes stalking is whatever to a mugger. Have you met dedicated poker muggers? That's hours n hours stalking.
JustJanet [911066]
Wow… that just sounds so sad! I mean I know we all probably waste too much time on the game, but to invest your real life time sitting on a trader’s page just for the possible opportunity of making $100m on a mug. And then to consider doing it TEN times because one in ten would make a profit of 10m per hit… holy shit man! That is so much wasted time!!! Especially if they’re dedicating 40 minutes to each stalk… that would be almost 7 hours… about 14m per hour if 100m was actually netted. If DPs are still around 24m and you can just buy a DO for $5, then that’s like working for about $3 an hour.


But then maybe most stalks don’t last 40 minutes and maybe they don’t need to go through 10 to get lucky…
Brakier [2095393]
before the attack delay, ive could hitten several people in in 5 seconds. 5 sec is very long time when you can press your mouse like 7 times per second, and im an avg clicker. torn is instant for me, i never had bad delay, hence why ched had to add it to help people around the world have similar chances.

for example, i rember i could have used up like a full energy stack+ refil and xanax in like 5 min during start of a chain, if you have your targets ready, you can do every attack pretty much instant. but ye, after the delay in combat, you have to wait now.
Jabajaba [2499335]
I think the point is that I was self hosp for 40+ mins. It is not how quickly I was defeated, but I was active for most of the self hospitalisation window so it is not like I was idle then became active.

So for someone to be sitting on my attack page and refreshing for such a period is suspicious.

But as mentioned if staring at yata then I guess it is possible :)
Taxxon [882264]
They just bought a 19B weapon from my faction and only tried mugging 3 times. They are exaggerating.

I'd go PLAY poker for a hour before I sit at a table for an hour WATCHING someone play in hopes to mug them.