Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

new merit idea.

Started by Curio [645429] on in Suggestions.

9 replies · 142 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
24
Authority score
27 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
53 / 100
Curio [645429]
item exchange for merits?!

here's the idea, create a Gold (1m) merit, Silver (100k) merit, and Bronze (10k) merit of an item ...
IE, lets use myself as the example..
I turn in 10,000 Fruitcakes in to get a Bronze (10k) fruitcake item...
I can exchange 10 Bronze for 1 Sliver (100k) Fruitcake or exchange 100,000 fruitcake from the Display Case for a Sliver (100k) fruitcake item...
I can exchange 100 Bronze (10k) or 10 Silver (100k) or 1,000,000 Fruitcakes from Display Case for a Gold (1m) fruitcake item...
The catch is that you can't break them down once they have been exchanged...
Here is the next round of the exchange to merits...
Turn into Torn museum for a Gold, Silver, and Bronze for a merit each...
It would remove items from the game and money from circulation ...
WhackedMaki [2587660]
An interesting idea. It would remove items from the game, but not money as you'd just be buying them from someone. I'm not sure random item removal is something that benefits the game, and all it adds is just another expensive buy able merit.
Eagle_Eye [1461511]
Interesting idea. Would need to limit items to "upgrade" or merits would become much more common. Maybe I am missing something..
WhackedMaki [2587660]
Look at how many people don't buy merits with points. I'm not sure how many people would be looking to pay 800m per additional merit. But I also read it as being a new Award or something, not just repeatable merit points.
Eagle_Eye [1461511]
I read it that maybe do it on more items than just fruitcake when he mentioned Museum. Maybe the gold, silver, bronze for certain places. Maybe you get a discount or a better deal on exchanges.
Curio [645429]
The Museum would be where the items would be exchanged....Like flowers and plushies

Bronze Medallion - 10k items, 1 Bronze Merit you only get one merit.

Silver Medallion - would be exchange 10 Bronze Medallions or 100k of that item..which would require you to put everything in a display case with the current 100k inventory limit. You get 1 Silver Merit

Gold Medallion - 10 Silver Medallions