Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Insomnia

Started by Vok [2833821] on in Health & Fitness.

1 replies · 71 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 2 / 2 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
2
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
2
Authority score
6 / 100
Historical score
13 / 100
Story score
23 / 100
Engagement score
37 / 100
Vok [2833821]
Anyone have a solution for insomnia? I've been unable to go to sleep until 3am in the morning for several days now :(


It's unusual, I have been exercising to tire my body out and I take melatonin right before I sleep. Is there something else I should do?
Gantusa [250739]
Are you sleepy in the morning or during the day? What prevents you from sleeping earlier? (Distractions, TV, internet, noise, lights…). Are you feeling anxious about something or for no reason? Are you taking melatonin in a good dosage and at appropriate timing? Is something else bothering you while you try to sleep? (Partner’s snoring, heartburn, pain, etc)

You should start by some sleep hygiene measures:
- Define a time for sleep
- Don’t stay in bed for over 20 minutes without falling asleep. Go to other room, read a book in dim light (choose something that doesn’t get in your emotions)
- Reduce water intake after 6PM
- Don’t take stimulants at evening or night (drugs, coffee, alcohol)
- Keep your bed and linens in a good temperature (not too hot or too cold)
- Don’t exercise late in the day. Exercise in the morning or during lunch hours/ early evening
- Reduce screens like 2 hours before bed. Don’t engage in highly intellectual activities before going to bed
- Lower lighting a couple of hours before going to bed