is this just a numbers game, or is there strategy to it?'
How do I get good at attacking?
total green pea here...
Only sell if it's 300k or over.. in my opinion. If you want to level and sell, use a xan for selling the use a xan for gym. You can train for free basicly and keep some buying shiz, or for reinvesting into... your choice.
Also. When you make like 10 mill your gonna want to buy a shit tonne of red,, fancy med kits. So you don't have to think aabouthealing during selling losses
It is totally a numbers game. As random number generater control you for the first 50 levels or so I think (whoever reads this if I'm wrong, this is my knowledge so far)
I've been here a Lil over a year. Any questions ask and I will try my best to answer correctly. Main thing is it's a long term game. It's takes... allot of time to get your stats near where you want. I
Search the forums to find a way better guide. Top right search bar, click forum and type (loss selling guide) for a very good breakdown.
Welcome, and have fun in Torn City.
The rng thing. I know it controls the entire game. But as a level 25... when your stats get better your roll get better.. statisticly.
Avoid the casino.....
Search for baldr's guide. Take it in chunks, but read the whole thing. It's amazing and fairly comprehensive.
Baldr's Basic Advice
Mentions:
Baldr's Basic Advice
If you're in this for the long haul, don't bother selling losses. Get to the point where you can buy them (if you want, you get merits, which also help growth.)
Train, train, train your stats (until you get to about two years old, balanced is best, but then I'd suggest you pick either Def. Or Dex. as your "main") job-wise, get the 3 passive abilities from Education, Medical, and Law.
Read up on stuff, and don't get cocky in forums.
Welcome to Torn.
Moved to Q&A
And I would say don't feel down when you see others gaining large number of stats per train, it will take you longer to get from 10-1m in 1 stat than it will to get 1m to 50m in that stat
Join a faction. They'll help you help them
Torn isnt the best game to be a True Loner.
If you want to get good there are a few things you need to do.
Don’t sell losses
happy jump a lot to get each of your stats above 400k (or at least 3 of them)
be prepared to read a lot of guides and how to posts.
Join a decent faction
Don’t sell losses
Ignore anyone who tells you to sell losses
Don’t feed the trolls
yea selling losses is a bad idea
thanks for all the advice!
Happy jump how? Without selling losses
It's extremely expensive to hop your way to 400k, how is a greenie going to get enough money to do that without extreme luck or selling losses? Why is selling losses so bad?
I really am asking
The only reason losses are bad is because it will stunt your battle stat growth, however if you have alot of cash from selling loss you can grow fast.
You will never catch up to the strongest, ever... make cash then train when ready
At your level, train, do crimes, and do Duke missions. Join a good established faction that will help you grow. At level 15 fly, fly, fly and build your bank to 2billion. After that just keep making all your numbers go up for eternity.
Selling losses is a good option at the very beginning though, if you don't make much money from anything. It's not a good long term option, but you can make like $10M in a day, so a couple of weeks to get the bank running is actually a good option.
Send items and money to me. In return a shall send you the secrets
Get to level 15 and fly for plushies. Get a job in a AN and do choco jumps between dvd jumps. At level 64 you should know this by now
When I was a noob I sold bounties, worked well for me and never sold a loss
I don't sell losses anymore...
3 losses sold affords 10 attacks with a xan, no losses sold means you can do 6 (4 without donor status) and don't use your drug timer unless you're grinding merits with the cheaper ones.
Unless my math is wrong it seems to me like selling some losses is a faster way to 15 than not selling 'em. Sell some more and you can start racing, get another timer going.
As you said selling bounties is an option, but those options aren't mutually exclusive.