Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Infinite loading dots

Started by Sylan11 [2770246] on in Bugs & Issues.

12 replies · 214 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
0
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
5
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
37 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
50 / 100
Sylan11 [2770246]
For the last two or three days, the city section and anyones profile on torn only shows the loading dots and never loads.

City map screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/6jlWhpS
City quick links screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/yzPFGAj
My profile screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/PBX8tio
Roulette wheel screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/FmEYMUb

I run torn on the Opera browser, I have tried to log in on google chrome, same issue. My phone has no issues, and neither does my laptop. I haven't installed anything since this has started either. I do normally have torntools running but I turned it off and same issue. (I also have torntools installed on my laptop that is working fine)

Edit: It seems to load fine after I restart my computer, but only for about a minute.
Sylan11 [2770246]
I am using LVL 4 (core: 93.0.4585.84) of Opera and windows 10. If you want my Google chrome version im not quite sure where to check that.
Sylan11 [2770246]
I have found out that it was my vpn that was causing issues. I have turned it off and everything is loading normally again.
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
Perhaps you were just lacking the browser updates and updating the browser fixed it for you?
Sylan11 [2770246]
It seems restarting my VPN completely (closing the app and opening it again) allows things to load. It did happen again and as soon as I closed the VPN everything went back to normal. Just turning off the VPN (but leaving the app running) doesn't change anything until I fully close the app.
Sylan11 [2770246]
It seems to be just the "Threat protection" feature in NordVPN that is causing the issues. I left the VPN running but turned off the threat protection and everything is working normally again.
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
Threat Protection is a security solution designed to defend you from everyday online cyber threats, like malware and trackers. It scans your files before you download them, identifies threats, and blocks them before they can harm your device.

I don't imagine this will be something that we will be able to address from Torn side. However even the native images like the City Map is being blocked. So I will pass this along to Joe to check if there's anything else to be done here.

Thanks!
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
I think we can ignore this for now as I don't think it's something we can resolve on our end, but we'll keep an eye out for any reports from other players. Thanks.