Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Dump searches

Started by StrawGirl [1713979] on in Questions & Answers.

21 replies · 464 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 22 / 22 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
22
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
64 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

StrawGirl [1713979]
I'm sure this has probably been asked before, but who has the most dump searches in the game? I'm currently considering using 750 energy at the dump, which is only 150 times. This made me think, who has the most dump searches in a row? Did you get anything valuable?
Quinxa [2730602]
Yeah, who has the most dumping ?

Can TornTools track or do we need to self report ?


Scavengers!!...(clunk clunk clunk/ bottle to bottle).come out to plaaaaaayyyyy !
villain13 [1551441]
Dump search during Christmas...U can get expensive items dumped by Duke during Xmas. I found FHCs last Xmas.

Dump search also works towards a merit. So, just do it when you have a chance to get some profits.
StrawGirl [1713979]
Yeah it can be pretty bad. Nah, I was gonna use my 5 refills, just to see what I get. I'm still on the fence about it though.
StrawGirl [1713979]
Yeah I searched the dump at Xmas too and got a Poison Mistletoe, I think that's the best thing I've ever gotten from the dump. Not sure if I have the merit yet actually. I'll have to check.
LordKosh [792872]
Mostly junk. Even at Christmas time. But this Christmas I found humbugs, poison mistletoes, and a Queen's mask, along with lots of junk.
CRLF [2095076]
Here's top 100 dump finds in the last year (Jan 2022 to Jan 2023)
NumIDplayernamelevelagedumpfinds Jan22-Jan23
2695580P_R_FD3456943,766
2655242NerdyBitsUK5273020,770
1707075stevec19263365120,368
2060057Dewei368211318,237
2669679Zylawy2767817,878
2616307papaofkitties1883417,186
2647175Slinky12275313,394
2650513Torbinex3174412,438
2505754Madbutcher33342106911,705
2213535army_al31150411,695
2493291Zetaw26108511,208
2628256Enthalpic5179411,187
1428748hell1065467210,339
26215770dinson2381710,008
2668344Zimmer376849,320
2660980Daverave307128,416
2660455Valabush207138,103
2682326Jaygo256238,073
2695184BoshingTong355717,986
2560929Fryborry479847,648
2702970theharks345337,499
2692887Shortan385827,301
2656438Andy1067557267,248
2294432Jinaya5213727,221
2342573Goodfornothing2013006,945
2526497Vbags32510346,770
424061spiritblue8458246,716
2730602Quinxa334556,560
2223170MrShae2514886,129
2115760FreshPickles3417485,563
2617629GotBier42268305,491
2655672nikcuf227195,386
2665712D0CWh0256955,284
2734685Nightrage204375,265
2305503Sideways7863613584,997
2042652Macsidia1222004,992
2676137Tarvae246474,858
2692681nickush0707265834,814
2657023andris94107244,789
2670575JJCalvert286744,729
2498573Cuckooo5810784,726
2636364dagues387724,654
2256993NU2U1514334,548
2569738SaffyWaffy269674,507
2725223S8a6m3264744,503
2747571HectorSalamanca253874,481
2217393--Xaris--4714974,344
2667124sdrojefs476894,326
2075220slowdog2620204,038
2709648Diamond369265184,002
2655503Wideeey407294,000
2697070zool01215603,937
2601642Stonedmaster308913,892
1993033chrisk10132824663,837
1960241TypicalZero3126743,803
2616710Blair_Bear578333,794
482767beatty1225774856983,760
2734801DevilsChild_666314373,724
2481862byutee912910993,718
2736987Shinraop314283,708
2427958Black_7811733,645
2600970Darbolag178943,633
1496867Gina245945103,604
2615800Veno63608363,602
2335018Bigkj193813133,587
2728685Trippocalypse404623,585
2740120Rebel121594163,495
2293020cyclopirate6013733,412
2254947L3W1S7514363,395
2745843CaptHindsight653933,392
2690631GraziellaLlama275923,363
608984goku862555303,349
2518272ChronoTrigger7610433,347
2386370SP1TF1RE8112363,342
2171959y-sIatt4015913,331
2727548DerangedWolf420214513,261
541636Pluto10056323,257
2191732Avenger9702215443,256
2579310bey0nd659513,245
2179813JJBO52415683,193
2722881Heisen304833,188
2319448King_of_codbo2813393,158
2677693KrankenPz226413,150
2334837Gardog_Jenkins3513133,143
2736573DocHoliday420354303,122
2601869RoqueAuFabii1458903,101
2578434Palestine829533,095
2038833ElvenArcher13122263,090
2614095Histu708433,083
2104294Baaboo3018083,079
2014930Fireballbc7923453,078
1010587myshoeshurt10051823,062
2634613Brooking267753,050
2175576Peri4515813,040
2742898King_Leonidas75274043,030
2639711Emrype247663,002
2732972ModernDayPirate214452,997
2647988yucky212707512,994
2191878Cryptic_Love_081515432,994
2697518P_A_I_N675582,974
SpicyBunny [2874154]
Perhaps I’m confused (likely)… why so much hate on the dump? Ways to earn are severely limited for brand new players and I’ve made far, far more from crap I’ve picked up at the dump than my pathetic crimes ($12 for bootleg cds?). I’ve found weapons, armor, pepper spray, Vicodin, masks, blow gun, gold rings. I might spend my last 10 or 15 energy searching there. Sure, sometimes it’s wrapping paper or plushies but they still sell for more than my crimes bring in. I spend 90% of my energy at the gym but that last 10% has paid off for me. Once you have more options it’s probably not worth it but for newbies, I think it is.
golden_warrior [1889724]
If you want to spend energy for money, find someone in trade chat who’s buying losses. Players want the free defend merit, and they’ll typically pay around 300k for each attack.
Baldr [1847600] Reporter
Energy is valuable. Most people should (and do) use their energy to train in the gym, because stats are important. (The game is mostly about combat, and combat is mostly about stats.)

Flying is a much more effective way to make money.

I don't recommend it, but if If you want to turn your energy into money, you're better off selling losses. You can sell them for around $300,000 per loss, and make a bit over $250,000 profit per loss. That's $50,000 for every 5e you use, and much higher than the average you'll get in the dump.