19 replies · 654 views · thread synced · 7 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
20
Discussion span
→
People posting
12
Likes on archived posts
68
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100
Most-liked replies
dunmugmeh[538353]
· 10 likes · I regret not leaving the SSL sooner than i did. I should be SO much stronger than i am now and i would have been if i had been chewing on xanax the whole time
advert[2267832]
· 8 likes · If you value stats, I will recommend "guzzling xanax" If you value networth and money, I say give SSL a chance... LSDs are cheap and you'd still progress in the game (stat-wise), albeit slower "torn is a marathon, not a …
Emerix[2187675]
· 6 likes · Lol, saving networth. Stacking for a chain using xanax = 3,3 mil. Stacking for a chain with cans = 50 mil.
I've been wanting to go SSL since I started playing Torn. My question is for those in SSL.
In light of the changes to the way the gym work (removal of the cap and other stuff), would you still have gone SSL?
I ask this because I'm having second thoughts about wanting to go SSL. I need a current SSL users perspective. Part of me wants to continue on my SSL path and part of me wants to start guzzling Xanax.
I wouldn't call SSL "cheap" or a good choice for valuing money...Yes LSD is cheaper than Xanax (but gives less E, has higher OD chance, and doesn't save you a great deal in rehab costs)
I was seriously considering SSL but ended up going the "cheaper easy route". The 22 billion gained by Advert back in 2019 probably made the SSL route an easier route than it would have otherwise been (people don't jokingly refer to it as hard mode for nothing, nor do the regular "cmon Ched, buff SSL playstyle" threads) but go back long enough (to the "old drugs" before I started playing) and it was a much more attractive option)
SSL has the best gains per natural energy spent. And if you'd do 50 or less of each drug and then go SSL you get the most out of your natural E. But you'd miss out on the 750E heavy xanax users could get each day.
On the long run it does save you money. But you pay for that in slower gains.
to save on rehab fees, be in a faction with max toleration, and take only 2 LSD a day… with luck on your side (OD go away) you won’t gain too much addiction :)
it’s “hard mode” or “easy mode”, depending on perspective…
I regret not leaving the SSL sooner than i did. I should be SO much stronger than i am now and i would have been if i had been chewing on xanax the whole time
Yes, no one explicitly said anything about stacking. Still, it's implied that if you want to be able to contribute towards any of your faction's war efforts, you'll need to spend x10 as much as a xanax user would for the same results, which basically negates the whole benefit of SSL.
Oh, also, SSL was meant to benefit balanced stat-build players since it gave you gains better than the best single-stat gyms, but the gym change heavily favored whoring a stat, which means that it also indirectly nerfed SSL. Balanced is arguably the most practical build since there isn't one specific counter to it, but Ched has stated explicitly that he finds balanced boring since there's no counterplay involved, and balanced doesn't provide the same levels of growth in the long run due to SEs and now the gym change.
Yeah. If you really want to chain and war it gets tough without Xanax. But it can be done if you really want to, making it more of a style choice than anything economical of practical.
I think SSL is great if you are a casual player and mostly balanced. But if you actually want to compete, you need to be twice as disciplined and active than your rivals. Not to mention have a vast amount of wealth.
The paradox of SSL is that it's meant to be geared towards casual players who don't want to take 3 xanax a day but it also requires the most effort out of any gym to unlock
I haven't read any of the previous posts. All I know is that because I haven't figured out a way to afford ongoing daily FHCs I would have had far greater stats if I had followed the xanax route.
Plenty of players who have started long after I did can trounce me in a fight.
1) If there’s anything my mentor has taught me, it’s never to engage in verbal fisticuffs in the forums. Especially when I’m still in my SSL stage and haven’t started my FHC and SE diet…
2) as my faction recruiter, I’d also like to take this opportunity to invite SSLers (or drug free, or xanax users) to my faction. To the SSLers, you can still chain using natural E, points, job points, LSD. I’m looking for activity, thanks. Leeches and scammers need not apply…