11 replies · 335 views · thread synced · 7 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
12
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
8
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
57 / 100
Most-liked replies
nihilisticcat[2112766]
· 3 likes · short answer no :P factions require respect to unlock upgrades, which the primary sources of that comes from chains (group attacking randos all at the same time) and ranked wars (fighting another faction directly). Another (much slower) way to earn …
I am not sure what you mean by travel options, or being attacked. If you mean ways to look at faction respect without changing your faction perks, TornStats has a faction respect simulator in the Faction tab.
Level up and get off the back page where everyone looks for a target. This has nothing to do with faction upgrades. Faction upgrades just let you carry more stuff, reduce rehab bills and earn more caymans interest
short answer no :P factions require respect to unlock upgrades, which the primary sources of that comes from chains (group attacking randos all at the same time) and ranked wars (fighting another faction directly). Another (much slower) way to earn respect is from unlocking territories and hoilding them over the midnight day tick, but this comes with a fairly heavy diplomacy task, whether that be in fighting to secure and defend your TTs (really f**king hard nowadays given the size of the map and the amount of the map the big bois own, though a quiet corner *could* be held temporarily by a small fac until a racket spawns or HoF peeps demand a spot for their new sub/ally/racket bitch/etc) or through peaceful negotiating (typically involving an amalgamation into a HoF family vis-a-vis the aforementioned sub/ally/racket bitch ..), in which you'll likely lose much to all of your autonomy.
A non-confrontational forms of respect can be done via Organized Crimes, but you'll need members that have high CE to run more than simple blackmails and kidnaps (otherwise it'll take years to unlock even a single upgrade lol) - but even the top poltiical assassination crime only provides an average of 250 respect every 8 days, so solely relying on these for respect gains is slow at best.
You lose respect equal to 1/4 of the respect gain from any attack against you and your fac outside of raids (where it increases to 100%), which on average you can count on ~1-2 attacks against any member per day (with weaker, lower age peeps attracting more) at ~0.5 -1 respect loss per - if absolutely nobody attacks it will take a long time for a faction to be destroyed in this manner, however as a fac gets to ~1k respect people tend to try destorying them for fun, dropping bonus chain bonuses and raiding them down to 0 lol.
I think I want to ask Can I have any option to refuse other factions to attack my faction? Is there any option to keep me neutral Neither initiate an attack nor be forced to be attacked
We actually have+5 travel items and I forgot to update the description lol. For us we have travel items on the second branch, so it takes x2 the amount of normal respect, so our travel items take up just under 20k respect (19,846)
Our faction crimes right now look like this: 3x blackmail (~4.5 respect/day) 1x kidnap (4 respect/2 days, 2 res/day) 3xbomb threat (~25.5 respect/3 days, 8.5 res/day) 1x political assassination (250 respect/8 days, ~31.25 res/day) Rough total from these nets ~46/day
Outside of these, on average we gain ~100 respect daily from just people doing their normal due, attacking for missions, mugs, bounties, w/e they do in their free time, and we lose ~60-70 respect to incoming attacks typically, making this ~30-40 respect gain, when we're not actively chaining
We make between 1.5k-4k respect(dependant if we win or lose) every ranked war we do (which averages once/month, we do two every other month here), giving us another 50-140 or so respect/day, and we'll typically run 1-3 chains of 50 or 100 per week, netting ~250 res on a 50 chain or ~560 on a 100 chain. If we say we average 2 50 chains a week that's 500 res over 7 days, or 71 respect daily.
I sometimes am able to sneak ourselves on the map and hide in a quiet corner, though this only usually lasts less than a week and is inconsistent so I wouldn't count this as part of our daily gains for this calculation.
This gives us: 46+100-70+75+71, or a little over 200 respect daily, meaning our travel perks took us around 100 days of this routine.
Now, bear in mind that I am openly hella casual about everything and I demand next to nothing from my peeps beyond a login every day or so. I've done enough time in HoF facs that I'm willing to sustain myself on this slow drip of respect - we could be earning shit much, much faster if we ranked war every week and forced our members to participate or get kicked, go harder on chains (a 250/day is doable with the members I have, though it would have a high e and morale tax), fought harder for TTs (I suspect we could hold ourselves and defend for upwards of a week or two at a time) and forced people to login more often to train their CE (higher faction crimes) but for me none of that is worth it at this moment. Torn is a marathon, and right now it may seem like I'm playing hard mode (to some extent I am, life without gym gains perks or maxed drug perks is way harder than necessary), it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make at this point in my Torn career :)