Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Battle Stats ratio

Started by Undead_Lilith [2614744] on in Questions & Answers.

8 replies · 1.1k views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
31
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
64 / 100

Most-liked replies

Undead_Lilith [2614744]
How much does it matter what the ratio of your battle stats is?

The reason I am asking is to help me plan out my training. Already one of my stats is 12x higher than the other three, and I am questioning if I want to grind those higher... because lesbi honest, its more fun seeing bigger numbers when I train so I want to keep grinding the one high stat I have.

But I don't know if that is a useful way to get to the 200mil+ threshold, I want to be useful in faction wars and other events.

So if anyone knowledgeable about stats, or has experience with having the ratios off, would be able to share their experience and recommendation, it would be appreciated!

Thanks!
No_yolo_plz [1889385]
Just speaking from experience, I used to just train defense after hitting 50mil on each stat (went from balanced to just training def).

My experience of having balanced stats was much better than my def whoring days.
Reason is as follows: the people I could beat after switching from balanced to training only defense never increased, in fact I was losing attacks more often because the targets I used to beat trained more balanced while I left my str, spd, and dex untouched. Hence why now Im more focused on having more balanced stats.
Catarchy [2632824]
it matters A LOT.
a balanced build is the slowest way to get high numbers but it is also very effective in battle.
whoring only one stat will let you weak in the ones you leave behind, meaning that even if you get a stat in the billions you easily lose fights with more balanced players with half your total stats.

the new RW weapons and armors can give you more possibilities to adapt your build and mitigate your weaknesses, but it also give opponents better chances at countering your highest stat.
JackKelly [2271177]
If you are using SSL gym, then it doesn't really matter at all. The SSL gym doesn't have stat based requirements to stay open.

Otherwise I'd say your ratios are important. The best gyms you'll be able to use require you to keep your stats within certain parameters. Example, str + spd 25% greater than def +dex, or dex has to be 25% higher than every other stat. Once your stats fall out of those parameters, then the gym will close.

The ratios allow you to get the most out of training by utilizing 2 special gyms while training 2 (Baldrs ratio) or 3 (Hanks ratio) stats.
dunmugmeh [538353]
If you actually want your stats to work in fights. 1 Gigantic stat and 3 tiny tiny small stats will never work.

It is end game stuff thinking about pumping 1 stat ie your 'tiny' stats need to be in the hundreds of millions or even over 1 billion.

If 3 of your stats are really small, you wont fight any better if you keep training your big stat.
DrVoid [2608187]
Three things to be considering while battle stat training are
1) what does a battle mean to you?
2) what is the role i am aiming at the end game?
3) how much I want to excel in majority of the aspects of this game?

Explanation would be,
Q1) This game is all about fights and crimes. The latter is a huge topic for later. Coming to the fights, unlike in previous days where the more stats are usually meant more wins, the game is changing more towards tactical fighting with all the specials coming out after RWs entrance.

If you want to use them, you first need to get familiarize with them. A lot of the battle mechanics depend on the battle stat ratios.

The game has an inherent ratio system: 1 str to 14 def and 1 speed to 64 dex

whenever you want to exploit your opponent you should have a better stat ratio (or a buff-able one) than your enemy.

And respect also plays a huge role in battling and helping a faction... which purely depends on the battle stat score of the two people.

Q2) At the end game you will have multitudes of options to do like guesting, mercing, warring for faction, looting, mugging, and so on... which needs you to be effective with your stats.

You can just laze around with one ginormous stat and can be a shield/meat-shield without a care of initiating fights on your own.

And you have to remember something that whenever you want to start training your other stats.. as they are being low, your total stats will stop rising as much as when you were training your whore stat. while getting 10m stats a day, suddenly being dropped to get a mil a day for so many days may still hurt your feelings.

Q3) the other aspect of the game is missions. which are very much important to finish many merits. The more you whore a stat they less chances for you to be able to clear the mission targets. which will impede your chances of earning those credits (you would still have PSF though)

participating events like elims, chains, rw where contribution is usually scaled with the respect you earn, you will be severely limited.

coming to the best builds, (ppersonal opinion)
baldr's > hanks > goobers > balanced

the preferred dominant stat in the build (personal opinion based on rws)
str > dex > def

I hope you would take good decision after reading all the opinions here. All the best.
Undead_Lilith [2614744]
Oh man, those are some loaded questions but useful!

I've listened though, set myself up with baldr's ratio spreadsheet to figure out where I need to take my lower stats to be balanced. I am already feeling the low gains... feels so lame to only train for measly thousands, but gotta endure the grind. I definitely want to be useful in end-game events if I stick it out for that long.

Thanks for the long answer!