Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

How does karma work?

Started by RamboJesus [2836517] on in Questions & Answers.

13 replies · 345 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
14
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
39
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

Most-liked replies

RamboJesus [2836517]
I'm a forum reading junkie. I seldom post because I know my role as a fledgling field mouse.

I hear folks talking about forum karma.
Can someone please explain how it works and why folks talk about farming it?

Thanks to staff in advance for graving this thread when I ask them to.
-Beesus- [1959482]
When you create a thread, or make a post, people can upvote/downvote it. Depending on what they do, your karma goes up or down. If you hit 1000 karma, you unlock a VIP section aswell as DN.
biosterous [2377874] Wiki Contributor
karma is a number that some people care about for some reason, and it lives below the actually important number, which is the post count
Scarley [2261969]
DN perks apply to bofa so long as you have ligma already applied.

Few notes on karma - a post has to be 30 characters long for karma to be affected by up/down votes. This includes markup, so images etc automatically qualify. Posts in trading post and graveyard do not receive karma, nor do posts in private forums. Up/down votes from new players or players who are inactive in the forums do not affect karma. Mass downvoting from a single player doesn't affect karma, either.

Karma farming is simply posting something that is guaranteed to generate upvotes, like dunking on certain members of the community or posting memes on shit threads.

As this thread is in q&a it will not be graved, so that other people with similar questions can reference it.
-Mono- [1896033]
Nice! There's a grind hidden in every corner of Torn City

Is there any special privileges or perks for people with mainly negative karma? Asking for a friend (BearHawk)
SurferH2O [42164]
I wanted to like you post badly, but the irony of liking that post was too much for me to bear.

I never even thought about Karma. If it makes people happy, more power to them.