https://www.torn.com/loader.php?sid=attackLog&ID=ae00809c41104f927ae047b69916ef1eNot sure if this is a bug just not sure if it's right....I joined the attack a second after Marijus, and granted I can take advantage of temps used, How is it possible for another attacker to take advantage of me setting him alight? If the damage is over a determined amount of turns, surely the burning damage should go to me when I hit.
In this case Marijus hasn't actually made any damage yet took the win, and if this is correct then theoretically, anyone involved in an attack could do the same, no matter what their stats are.
Looks like to me that Marijus connected with and attack but it didn't show up in the log. The top shows he had done dame. Though it's using the burn damage as his damage.
DOT is applied for every person's attack once it starts, not only yours. And yes, they can get the final hit from a DOT which you caused (and it can be used for people to get the "defeat someone massive" merit etc. with no stats, as even a miss will trigger it)
Damage over time is credited to the last person's turn. It would be weird to be credited with wins if you werent even involved anymore. Then who click leave/hosp?
Their damage is a result of the other user's turn/reload. If they didnt make an action, no burn damage would be made anyway.
Damage is now credited to whoever turn it was, not the original user. But yes as you stated the above is true, anyone can do this and power-level.
Marijus threw a flash and then fired 5 rounds of his Tavor TAR-21which missed I don't know this guy, but he has effectively won an attack and caused 0 damage. As I said, I get the fact that we can all use a time based temp, but I'm using a weapon that states it "causes 90% damage over 3 turns."
I'm sure Marijus Is more than capable of winning this fight anyway, but taken the credit for a turn based weapon surely makes the turn based weapon a complete waste of time.
Thats all well and good, and I'm sure Marijus Is more than capable of winning this fight anyway, but taken the credit for a turn based weapon surely makes that weapon a complete waste of time. It's no longer turn based it's time based.
I get that and to an extent I don't disagree. I have a weapon that takes one turn to charge, so based on that, why do I need to charge it if someone else is hitting? if they can take credit for the damage I caused, surely they can charge my weapon too?
As I said, I don't necessarily think this is a bug but based on all these new RW weapons, the mechanics don't add up.
Not sure how wind-up relates. Charging up to do extra damage isnt the same as damage over time. Simply put a kill from DOT is credited to whoever had the most recent turn.
Bleed would be a better example but would fall under DOT damage rules.
Here's what you do - get 3 nubs to join the attack with you and as soon as Flamethrower procs have em all attack at the same time. Instant nova of all 3 stacks of Flamethrower damage!
On a more serious note, in the DnD world this would be a RAW (Rules as Written) v RAI (Rules as Intended) argument. Mechanically, it doesn't make sense that others trigger your DOT. Definitely something for the Devs to think about again.
Also, Baron is in good hands. I've definitely started to treat him better than the rest of my nubs since I found out about the connection.
[image: c.tenor.com]
I don't disagree, in fact I couldn't agree more, but if someone is able to use the damage I caused and take a win then it isn't a turn based weapon is it.
you're in a group attack, smoking the defender makes him smoked for all attackers so setting fire to him would obviously also mean he's set on fire for everyone. It's still a turn based weapon, it can just deal damage when other people take their turn in a group attack instead of just you.
Haha, is he behaving himself? He loves it with you guys he was in a RW faction before but he couldnt beat anyone, He loves it with you guys, as stats aren't so much of an issue. If allowed would be cool to kick some ass with the lad, I'll clear it first though :) I'll pm you
Back on point, You're points make the most sense to be fair and while this isn't really a bug, my arguement is on a turn based weapon, surely the damage caused should be given to the person causing the damage. So If I "wind-up" a weapon, somone can do no damage and take the win on 2 turns of fire/bleed/poison damage.
A smoke is on a timer and is active for the duration of that timer OR till the person suffering the debuff is reduced to 0 HP.
This is a completely different mechanic.
What I see Snowman meaning in his reference to Wind-up is - if he's used something that activates on someone else's turns, then those other turns should also proc the recharge turn on the wind-up bonus.
It doesn't make sense if Wind-up worked that way, so why does it make sense that a DoT effect that I inflict procs on someone else's turn?
And thats my point.
I don't understand the confusion. All Damage-over-time effects in every game are triggered by more than just your attack/action.
The poison/burn damage is a side-effect. Wind-up is not a 'side-effect' of using a weapon so I don't see how it even compares. You have to choose to use that weapon and the benefit is a 'next-turn boosted attack'.
Wind-up doesnt active on another person's turn does it? It actives on your 2nd turn and there is no follow up.
I really fail to see the comparison.
I honestly can't generalise how DoT effects work in all games ever, but I can tell you, as an example, in DnD. Effects are usually triggered on your turn or at the start of the enemies turn. Not at the start of each person's turn.
So if it's an effect that I cause by taking an action - eg. use Flamethrower, which results in a secondary persistent effect that needs a trigger to activate, it should then be on my turns that this persistent effect activates. So essentially, if 40 people attacked an NPC with bleed, then you're looking at HUGE damage when those DoT effects proc and the next turn when those 40 people all take an action. This might be RAW but doesn't look like it should be RAI.
Yes but the only trigger is a turn, in the case, every turn made for or against the opponent who has said status condition.
It would be like saying "blind, slow, or confusion" effects only working during YOUR turn and not every turn the opponent has - which doesn't make sense to any other turn-based system I have ever been apart of. You arent the one causing the burn effect, the previous attack was and it applied everytime they make an action.
I can't speak for DnD but I do not believe an enemy/target gets to react to every action you make against it, unlike torn.
As far as Torn is concerned, if a turn is made "for" or "against" the "debuffed (poisoned/burned)" within the alotted time duration you take damage.
This issue was about who gets credited with the win, which is now whoever made the last action.
Ideally you'd want the system to reward whoever makes the final hit regardless of whos left in the fight but that leaves another string of issues more than it solves.
Once again we're talking about different things. One is a debuff that isn't predicated on turns to be activated - smoke, blind, confusion.
The other is DoT, which is specifically tied to turns. In my example of an NPC fight and the DoT effect, you are essentially giving everyone who procs a DoT effect 3-9 free turns worth of DoT damage.
I can't speak for DnD but I do not believe an enemy/target gets to react to every action you make against it, unlike torn.
But in the current system, per the example I have given, a group of attackers can get multiple turns of damage in for basically free. This is not a good mechanic.
This issue would easily be solved by changing DoT effects to proc when the enemy takes an action. This means that someone who doesn't do enough damage on their turn can't get the kill from DoT effects.
Hear. Here. Once again Chuck Norris is correct!