Messages, Events Awards, friends and enemies have no option to be moved. Is this intended?
Setting navigation icons
Started by TMG100 [2158533] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 86 / 86 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 86
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 64 / 100
- Historical score
- 44 / 100
- Story score
- 60 / 100
- Engagement score
- 82 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- CloudJumper [1636201] · 33 likes ·
We have pushed an additional update to the system. We have added Messages/Events/Awards/Friend and Enemy list as available links. These will be greyed out and have no impact on Desktop version of the sidebar. However, on mobile layout, this will … - Nemphesis [2488472]
· 24 likes ·
It’s sad this is a step back for mobile users - the starring system let me override those and now I can’t. When you only have 8/9 icons on the taskbar before needing to scroll, having three useless ones wastes … - Keza [2672120]
· 24 likes ·
And here I hoped it was a bug and not a feature. Idk if you’ve seen it on mobile but it’s awful looking
Yeah I noticed this too - would really like to not have messages/events/awards on the LHS by default. Can they get included to be moved around?
I love the new system but I must say, moving my friend and enemy list would be great.
As for the award icon ; why would I want that as my number 3 option when I hardly use it? I want it in the main screen (I use the app) so I can see when it lights up, but I don't want it so high up the list..
As for the award icon ; why would I want that as my number 3 option when I hardly use it? I want it in the main screen (I use the app) so I can see when it lights up, but I don't want it so high up the list..
Oh I posted similar a couple seconds after this post went up apparently ? yeah I can't get them into a likeable order without having to scroll now on mobile which sucks those 3 are not as important to be fixed to front, events may be the only useful one as most people will chat first and awards are not really important
Additionally you can't remove the Community Events link
Since we are sync-ing the preferences across all devices/layouts, it is not feasible to have this be change-able on just the mobile layout.
We do not have Messages/Events/Awards as available links, since these are pinned section on the desktop sidebar. Which is also the reason that these cannot be made re-orderable on mobile layout. This is one change that we will have moving away from the star-system on the mobile layout, but unfortunately this is how it is designed to be.
Thanks!
We do not have Messages/Events/Awards as available links, since these are pinned section on the desktop sidebar. Which is also the reason that these cannot be made re-orderable on mobile layout. This is one change that we will have moving away from the star-system on the mobile layout, but unfortunately this is how it is designed to be.
Thanks!
That and any other events like Christmas Town are all pinned Areas on the sidebar and cannot be removed or re-ordered.
The sidebar customization affects both the Topbar and Sidebar, not one or the other.
Messages, Events and Awards are ridged, and cannot be relocated.
[image: i.gyazo.com]
All of the various competitions and events are forced to the end of the sidebar / top bar without any customization, because it's unintuitive to be adding / removing / reordering area links which don't exist in that moment of time.
Messages, Events and Awards are ridged, and cannot be relocated.
[image: i.gyazo.com]
All of the various competitions and events are forced to the end of the sidebar / top bar without any customization, because it's unintuitive to be adding / removing / reordering area links which don't exist in that moment of time.
And here I hoped it was a bug and not a feature. Idk if you’ve seen it on mobile but it’s awful looking
That is disappointing it looks pretty horrific on mobile with them being at the beginning of the list as they are other than events near useless links 99% of the time
Exactly!!
Who wants those 3 before (personal pref) home!? Should be able to move those around on mobile as they are not in the 3 bar like pc
seems like a huge step back
Who wants those 3 before (personal pref) home!? Should be able to move those around on mobile as they are not in the 3 bar like pc
seems like a huge step back
If you use TornTools you can remove it, better than nothing.
Or as the old star system isn't compatible a 3rd column for favourites that appear to the left of messages on mobile and above the message/event/award section on desktop as there's a line break there already
With the favorites section I was able to choose my first page of icons on mobile. I feel like this is a step back for my gameplay.
It’s sad this is a step back for mobile users - the starring system let me override those and now I can’t. When you only have 8/9 icons on the taskbar before needing to scroll, having three useless ones wastes a third of that space.
I went into settings to rejig the order but the change hasn’t actually effected my scroll bar
Hope the devs listen to the mobile feedback
How does that make sense? It ruins the smoothness of the app. Having messages and awards that high just doesn’t make any sense. And not being able to move up enemies makes it that much more tedious while attacking. If enemies and friends are at the very back and not movable, you must have the ability to put awards and messages by them, which is what needs to be done.
Cloudjumper we understand, but there has to be another solution. It’s real bad looking. Why do you need the layout synced anyway
That’s all good and well but you can see the majority here don’t like this change. Surely you can rework things as to have them not synced or find a solution allowing it to be changed on mobile? The layouts are diff so why have h the same order? Mobile and pc don’t need synced