Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Temp Weapon Bugs

Started by Mckinnely [1850748] on in Bugs & Issues.

4 replies · 123 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
2
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
35 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
46 / 100

Most-liked replies

Mckinnely [1850748]
Device: samsung SM-G960W Android: 10 App version: 1.9.17

If I have 2 temporary items of the same type (one owned and one loaned from faction) and I click equip it will equip both. In addition if I have a owned item equipped then loan myself a item of the same type from faction armoury and click equip on that one it will unequip my owned one but not equip loaned item. [image: snipboard.io]
Mckinnely [1850748]
Note that the second issue only happens if I have my settings set to automatically re-equip temp items after use, use a loaned item, have it automatically re-equip with a owned item, then loan myself another item from armoury and manually try to replace owned equipped item with loaned one.
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
This is because the Inventory system does not really identify it as two different items. The system treats it as a single item which is being displayed as two different rows on the front end, which are causing these quirks. I will pass this along to Joe to see if anything needs to be done here:

Issue #1) Clicking Equip on a duplicate row will unequip the temp.

Issue #2) Clicking Equip on a non-equipped temp will cause both rows to be highlighted in green, upon page refresh only one row retains the green color.

[image: i.imgur.com]

Thanks!
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
I could ask Violeta to check this perhaps - to experiment with equipping temporary items / loaned temporary items. I can't imagine any technical reason why both rows would need to be highlighted.

Violeta please let me know if anything is unclear, I'll set up a test scenario for you if needed.