Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Faction auction system

Started by Ghost_Helsing [2464587] on in Suggestions.

5 replies · 63 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
8
Authority score
26 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
43 / 100

Most-liked replies

Ghost_Helsing [2464587]
OK so hear me out..

I've been thinking about this for a while now. In today's time in torn there are a lot of decent factions sitting afk, with members last action being a substantial part of days ago.

There are a lot of 100k factions or even more, sitting there, abandoned with no one able to join or take over due to an inactive leader.

I was thinking, what if, there was a time limit, for leaders to be online, let's take 365 days for example, before the faction gets put up for auction almost like the auction house.
Essentially you are buying an AFK faction, like buying old, forgotten, abandoned land IRL, and then the faction is able to be used again, instead of just sitting there accumulating dust. It would for sure reduce the number of new 5k factions being created and give the old ones a second chance at life.

I don't know if this idea is a good, or terrible one. Just thought maybe it could be something to bring another nice mechanic to the game to look out for.

Let me know what the thought are on this:)

Edit: Spelling
JackKelly [2271177]
I see where you're coming from, but can't really say I support it. Maybe after 1k days of inactivity, but even then, I don't know. Or maybe if everyone in faction is fedded.

There are cases of players returning to the game after several years of being inactive, so it wouldn't really be fair for them. Also what would happen to armory items and vault balances? Some players buy a cheaper faction before going inactive specifically to utilize the infinite vault, just in case they decide to return at a later date.

It would be sweet to score a cheap faction that is already semi-established as well as reduce the over-all number of factions, just don't think there is a fair way to do so.
Odin-All-Father [2010524]
Pretty much this; I’ve been active probably 700 days of my 2600 or whatever, my most recent break was 3 years, if I came back to see that I’ve lost all my shit in some shitty auction then I wouldn’t come back at all.

if players are fedded or an entire faction is; that I could support being auctioned, though inactivity isn’t fair, as from my own experience and many others I know, you don’t quit torn, you take a variable lengthed break.
LAFAT [2623027]
i would agree only with the part where auction if everyone is fedded. but not factions with inactive players. inactive players might come back to the game any time they want
python [1009878]
If they increased the decay amount when all members are inactive/fedded to a higher daily reduction it would get rid of some