Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Text games

Started by vexten [2824671] on in Gaming.

30 replies · 690 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 31 / 31 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
31
Discussion span
→
Authority score
24 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
45 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

vexten [2824671]
So I love text rpgs but I can't find any good ones so I am asking you the people of Torn to help me find some good ones. You might even get a xan if i like it.

Criteria
No download or payment need to play the game.

check out my other thread here

Mentions: From nothing to everything

NicoVulture [2444144]
This is the reboot. I played the original for several years back in 2005. It was a great game, but the owner f**ked it up. He’s been trying to bring it back, since about 2009.
TesterPro [2704878]
I also used to play one called that ages ago and the owner had reached out to me for crowd funding ages ago for a reboot. i wonder if you also talking about the one that was owned by a guy called chris? if so i think this game (www.MafiaLife.co) is different from that game with a different owner, mafialifechris on instagram has a different domain for his old project.
NicoVulture [2444144]
Yea, I’m talking about MafiaLife Chris. Good guy but let his emotions f**k up the game. I also signed up for the one you mentioned.
xXRipNTear807Xx [2847861]
There used to be a few about 15-20 years back base on racing. I believe the main one was called Top Shift? Youd start off with some cash, buy a car, tune them up, win races and cash and buy new cars and rinse and repeat. It wasnt in depth like this, but it was a damn fun way to waste some time if you were into racing games or cars.
BrandyQHQ [2899416]
Text base makes me think of the Bitlife app on the phone. Where you can do pretty much whatever in the life. Its single player but has challenges to complete.

Don't send me a xan, Torn is far preferable. I played Bitlife before to pass time.
Basil_Drizzle [440317]
Final earth is a game made by Chedburn networks, its a team based text based perpetual war game.

It was kinda fun, a bit basic due to it having no way to fund it by itself.

i havent played in years though.