Your Max nerve you can have is 125. What is the prefered way to get to max nerve. I am guessing that you need 60 NNB, Faction bonus and company bonuses to get your actual nerve bar to 125.
But what are daily regular rituals to max out your nerve effectively.
I am trying to get to 60 NNB as quickly as possible. This obviously means I need to do more crimes which means I need more nerve.
I know this has been covered before but I can't find someones daily rituals or routine to get the most nerve possible to raise your NNB.
yes, for max nerve you need to get to 60NNB, have faction and company perks (i think only pub gives +15 nerve) and spend merits in nerve upgrades (up to +10).
grinding crimes and using all possible natural nerve regeneration, plus using at least beers (24 per day) with alcohol bonus perks (faction/company) and a daily nerve refill (mostly useful when your nerve bar gets big), is all that you can do to get to 60NNB faster.
this should be your daily routine, coupled with an efficient crime progression that is easy to achieve by following the many crime guides available in the forum.
there are also OCs, although the ones you can do at low NNB give negligible crime exp, but you don't have to do anything for that really, it's your faction leaderships' job.
What others have said here sums it up pretty nicely. A few extra notes:
If it wasn't called out specifically, the general agreement is that you want to do whatever it takes to be able to d Warehouse Arsons as early as possible in your career. windproof lighter very expensive, so add that as you see fit. (2% crime success boost)
Nightly nerve refills for 25 points are a tough call and a matter of personal preference. Say your max nerve is only 70. Do you really want to do 25 points per night for less than 7 arsons equivalent? Well, it's better than nothing. Not taking a nightly nerve refill represents a lost opportunity.
Only 10* Pub gets you 15 extra nerve - and they are hyper-competetive. Start getting to know the directors now so that when the day comes a slot opens up, they have you on a wait list.
And let's say a gun was to your head to truly get to 60 NNB as soon as possible - set phone alarms to wake you up, until your nerve bar is big enough that you can get a full night's sleep without overflowing. Example: a nerve bar of 72 lets you sleep 6 hours, 84 = 7 hours, etc. If you're truly looking for every avenue to be efficient and hit 60 as fast as humanly possible, then 'nerve overflow' comes into play.
Some folks / research will say / show that kidnap woman is technically a better crime xp / nerve spent gain, but there are a ton of failures involved and you need to have a decent amount of cash on hand. My vote is get to warehouse arsons, stick with warehouse arsons.
Also, OCs. Take over a cruise liner, and especially plane hijackings, are worth a lot of crime xp when successful. I highly recommend sending a polite DM to everyone in your cruise liner / plane hijack OC 12-24 hours before it's ready. Remind them kindly to be in torn, out of jail, and out of hosp when OC is ready. Also remind them to just replan it right then and there. If leadership needs to cancel to rearrange, let them worry about that. Again, this is all in the name of hyper-efficiency. If you are in a plane hijacking, that's 150 arsons worth of CE every 7 days (assuming 100% success; unrealistic). Say someone holds your OC up for half a day - they just cost you about 11 arsons. So again, we're looking for every conceivable way to be efficient to getting to 60? Keep those OCs cranking - don't let forgetful people slow them down.
And this is a weird one.... but, if you are willing to sacrifice all else (as in, not take any other drugs), go ahead and live off of cannibus. You can take it every 1-2 hours and it gives you a trickle of nerve. This will offer so little reward, compared to what you have to give up, I don't think it's worth it. But... you asked about hitting 60 as fast as possible. It's up to you what sacrifices you are willing to make. Good luck.
And save those pub nerve refills until AFTER 60 nnb, unless you plan on quitting Torn because you hit 60. :) But again, using them when you are at 50 or 55 will accelerate you toward 60. Again, I was eyeing PA team, not just 60, so I held on to all my pub job points until AFTER 60. Your call.
- L
This is what I was looking for. My NNB is at 35. If I’m aggressive but not sacrificial, how long do you think it would take to get to 60NNB?
Took me total 567 days. I was fairly casual for most of it, but 'aggressive' for about 6 months and maximized nerve events. I was in a candle shop using the 1JP -> 2n special but had minimal faction perks at that time so faster is possible without being obsessive.
Investing in decent alcohol is worth it in my opinion.