Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

A public apology to bogie

Started by Cloak [2737340] on in General Discussion.

54 replies · 2.18k views · thread synced · 11 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 55 / 55 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
55
Discussion span
→
Authority score
39 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
63 / 100
Engagement score
77 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Cloak [2737340]
Dear Torn Citizens,

A few days ago some of you may remember that I made a thread detrimental to bogie calling him out for the way he speaks to people.
This was in direct retaliation to what I thought was an unfair fedding of my spouse, soon to be ex-spouse.

I did feel that bogie was rude and dismissive at the time I posted, but since talking with many people, I realise that bogie has to deal with trolls, bigots, psychopaths and complete loonatics on a daily basis. This does not mean that it's ok to be rude, but that I understand why he may have categorised me by prejudice under one of those labels and spoke to me as such.

I am not an unfair person and in my dealings with bogie since, he has been cordial and polite and for that bogie, I thank you.

In relation to the fedding; my ex spouse has (possibly inadvertently) made me believe that his fedding was fair and just, by admitting that he logged in to (another) multi to pay his faction, post fed. This means that he was syphoning off cash to a multi account and failed to tell me this when I went to his defence.

All said, here I am, admitting, bogie you was right.

I will fight for what I believe is right but I am also open to hold my hands up when I am wrong.

Bogie, and Torn City Staff - I am sorry for any hassle that I have caused you over this issue.

I do not want anyone to think that I was trolling or am involved in multi or whatever because this is simply not true. And for those of you who felt strongly against my original post, to you I am also sorry. I was wrong.

Sincerely,
Neit
CRLF [2095076]
Thank you for admitting you were wrong about your friend. A lot of people have found themselves in your position, but most of them won't admit they were wrong.

That clears up the issue for the rest of us, but it doesn't really change anything for staff. The next guy who gets deceived by his spouse, faction mate or friend isn't going to read this. If he does, he'll probably think. ok your friend misled you but MY friend is innocent.

Staff is experienced in dealing with these matters. But each player who is scammed or misled by a cheater is usually getting misled for the first time. And this is the challenge of a job with a customer-facing role (which is what staff members have) -- you know what's going on but you're trying to help someone who is in denial.

There's nothing that can be done to fix this. We get a steady stream of new players. As experienced players, we see the same questions over and over -- how do I make money, how do I train, is there a faster way to do (anything in Torn). Yes, there are tutorials, but people still ask.

If you haven't already tried this, I suggest going to Questions and Answers and try to politely answer questions for new players. If you do it enough times, you'll see the same questions coming up. See how many times you can answer the same question without saying "It's right here in tutorials, just read."

Staff gets the repeats of new players who being lied to by cheaters, who continually pleading their case to staff -- my friend is innocent.

Though we can't fix the problem, perhaps we can be a bit more sympathetic to staff, and grateful for the job they do. It is NOT an easy job. We are lucky to have them do it.