Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

A public apology to bogie

Started by Cloak [2737340] on in General Discussion.

54 replies · 2.18k views · thread synced · 11 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 55 / 55 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

CRLF [2095076]
No, that's advice for politicians or other public figures, and even then it's not good advice.

In a private, closed community like Torn, if you f**k up and you know it, it's best to own it.

People can accept that someone has made a mistake. But doubling down and gaslighting people is never going to play well here.

I have a great deal of respect for anyone who will change their opinion when confronted with facts that show their initial assumption was incorrect.

A lot of people refuse to accept that they made a mistake. And then, even if privately convinced they were wrong, they continue to stick with the lie because they're afraid to admit they were wrong.

(Google "Rupert Murdoch deposition" for a real life example of sticking with a story that you know is a lie).
Elvis [2265189]
I'm not defending the quote or encouraging it. But I do think the psychology behind public (I see these forums as quasi-public) apologies is interesting and the results of the study, though counter-intuitive, are probably true; though I imagine we'd rather it not be the case. I know I'd rather it not be true. And even if it is true, that doesn't mean that it's the moral thing to do (a la Murdoch, Trump, most politicians, CEOs, etc, etc).
TRex [1831950]
From what I hear, bogie is going to attend TornCon in Las Vegas, I will be there also.

When I finally get my hands on Bogie I will unleash years worth of frustrations.
If you would like for me to inflict damage on your behalf, I'm happy to take your orders for the following services;

Here is my price list;

Wet Willy - A prank whereby a saliva-moistened finger is inserted into an unsuspecting person's ear, often with a slight twisting motion.
100m

Wedgie - An uncomfortable tightening of the underpants between the buttocks, typically produced when someone pulls the underpants up from the back as a prank.
500m

Atomic Wedgie - A prank in which a person's underpants are pulled up from behind and over a person's head
1b

Swirly - a prank that involves immersing someone's head in a toilet bowl as it is flushed.
10b
TRex [1831950]
Sorry but the Dirty Sanchez prank is not available at this time. Bogie is not an enemy of mine, only an adversary.

My frustrations center around his inability or unwillingness to make me his number one baiter. I've demonstrated over and over that I'm adept at baiting but he refuses to acknowledge me as a master.
Beerstein [1322136]
Some of your points weren't entirely wrong through. I know the heavy handed fits the theme of Torn but also believe it'd benefit from a lighter touch from a CM.
Ripley [2180244]
You can't exchange Torn money for real-life goods or services, and that's both good and a public service.