Is there any way to find out how much unspent job points I have in any player-owned or game-side company/job? I know I have some left from leaving my old companies but I can't seem to remember which companies/jobs or how much I got. Thanks for any help in advance. <3
Job points
Started by prompt_critical [2140245] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 6
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 4
- Likes on archived posts
- 13
- Authority score
- 43 / 100
- Historical score
- 16 / 100
- Story score
- 30 / 100
- Engagement score
- 50 / 100
I'm not sure if there is an in-game way to check your job points without being in the respective company, but there's an API request that can check for you. The request would be
https://api.torn.com/user/?selections=jobpoints&key=<API KEY>
where you need to provide your API key (i don't know the specific access level, but it works with Limited perms).
Barring that, Torn PDA has this function built-in by default if you use a mobile device.
https://api.torn.com/user/?selections=jobpoints&key=<API KEY>
where you need to provide your API key (i don't know the specific access level, but it works with Limited perms).
Barring that, Torn PDA has this function built-in by default if you use a mobile device.
Ye this works, thanks man!
This is what I got:
{"jobpoints":{"jobs":{"army":5,"medical":5,"casino":282,"education":9,"law":2,"grocer":5},"companies":{"5":{"name":"Clothing Store","jobpoints":2},"10":{"name":"Adult Novelties","jobpoints":11},"23":{"name":"Music Store","jobpoints":551},"25":{"name":"Pub","jobpoints":180}}}}
Now, something I don't understand here...let's take Music Store as example:
"{"name":"Music Store","jobpoints":551},"25"
What does this tell me? Is it 551 unspent or 25 unspent? :S
This is what I got:
{"jobpoints":{"jobs":{"army":5,"medical":5,"casino":282,"education":9,"law":2,"grocer":5},"companies":{"5":{"name":"Clothing Store","jobpoints":2},"10":{"name":"Adult Novelties","jobpoints":11},"23":{"name":"Music Store","jobpoints":551},"25":{"name":"Pub","jobpoints":180}}}}
Now, something I don't understand here...let's take Music Store as example:
"{"name":"Music Store","jobpoints":551},"25"
What does this tell me? Is it 551 unspent or 25 unspent? :S
torn pda fast and simple to figure out where and how many points you have
That "}" after 551 closes the Music Store block. That "25" is the ID of the next block. I advise you to use a JSON formatter and you'll understand better. :)
[image: cdn.discordapp.com]
You can find many JSON formatters online, code editor programs can help too. Also TORN's API page formats the responses right away for you.
[image: cdn.discordapp.com]
You can find many JSON formatters online, code editor programs can help too. Also TORN's API page formats the responses right away for you.
Thank you all, I found my answer. Here's karma for everyone that responded. Much love!