"In this case, is it better to take the loss and hospital time or time out?"
[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]IndyCision [2597200][/background][background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)] "You will get hospitalised evne if you time out."
[/background]We don't know what the battle log said. His reply to your original post was just facts. Doesn't matter if you lose a fight or let it time out, you end up in the hospital. You could try to escape but if you're picking wonky targets, you most likely won't escape and just get put in hospital. Key is to use the right targets. Seeing how you prefer to find your own vs using proven lists, I'll wish you good luck.
Mentions:
IndyCision [2597200]
You do get sent to hospital, but not for very long.
Timeouts.07:19:26 - 11/12/20 You used 25 energy attacking Duke but timed out going to the hospital for 0h 20m [view]
Got it, thanks. I guess it doesn’t matter either way then. Unless the hospital time is short than for a brutal loss.
There weren’t many low targets on the lists I found (I’ve read the forums and the guides) and I got tired of waiting around for them to get out of the hospital. I’m not trying to skyrocket to the top of the game. My understanding is this game is a marathon not a sprint. I’ll get to lvl 15 when I get there. I’ve had good luck finding and occasionally mugging my own targets that haven’t been beaten down by every new player. The weird hostility about not taking people’s unsolicited advice and following the guides to the letter is really off putting as a new player.
No shade, but this game is a 20 year old sausage fest with declining player numbers, so people could be a little more chill especially in a forum called Questions and Answers. (Not directed to you personally RedBud, I appreciate your reply, it’s not my first post, but it is my last)
as the other players have mentioned.. there are pros and cons to level holding..
so i won't talk more about that..
i would just like to point out that..
you shouldn't waste time staying at level 13 if you don't plan to level hold there.. get to level 15 asap.. money making opportunities unfold once you unlock travel..
you shouldn't be eating vicodin as if it'll make you stronger.. it's either LSD or xanax or cans for nutrition here..
you shouldn't be doing the Computer Science edu first.. sure networking can be used for hacking but you need to reach a certain NNB for that.. sending anon mails and money sounds fun.. but there are other courses that will benefit you more in the long run..
and you shouldn't be searching for diamonds at the dump.. save all that dedication for Duke's Giveaway on Christmas..
as you've said..
this game is a marathon not a sprint
it's always best to be in the condition to run a marathon early on..
as for me..
i just like the number 5.. she's a nice number for me..
tbh, if i knew life and level and non-RW gear had nothing to do with winning a fight..
i would've level hold at 5..
Level holding has its own set of perks
Easier defends stalemates and escapes since dudes always underestimate low lvs
With the above statement above , if your the type of persons who always gets into a fight or bounty wars well this one is for you the bounties will mean less since whats the points of bullying the other person when they actually benefit from those bounties right?
Youl probably not be a chain target cause your not plump with respect .
Youl be able to use smurf weapons at your advantage vs an lv 100
It's cool doing your own thing. But complaining about the negative consequences of not doing what's tried and tested over the years is uncool.
I am NOT COMPLAINING. I asked TWO questions: Why do people hold levels when there’s obviously benefits to leveling up and whether it’s better to time out or take my beating and go to the hospital. THIS is exactly what I’m talking about…
I didn’t ask for leveling targets nor complain about being hospitalized.
I didn’t say I was going to hold levels. I wondered why other people did, especially when they are so strong.
Asking a question isn’t complaining or bitching or being negative.
Reading comprehension isn’t its strongest in a forum, I get it. But this kind of BS when someone asks a question is why I have no interest in joining a faction, why I won’t be posting in the forums again, why I don’t want to interact with this community.
I’m sorry I don’t want to follow a paint-by-numbers walkthrough, step by step instructions on how to be the coolest and best player in Torn.
Guess what? I don’t care about flying or making money or wars or factions. I get all my Vicodin and pepper spray from the dump. I’m not power leveling defense. I will not be renting a private island and no I don’t care about maximum happy.
You don’t know me or my vision for my character, how I like to play, what my goals are here. Because I don’t do what every one of the last 24,000 players to join Torn did I’M PLAYING THE GAME WRONG, wah.
And god forbid I interrupt the circle jerk with a question in a forum called Questions, I am complaining or an entitled bitch or whatever. Like a critical thinker, I read the guides and I use what makes sense for my gameplay. Good luck y’all. If the grind doesn’t drive off new players, the attitude of the community certainly will. ??
- don't quote EmeriX..
it was me who pointed out vicodin and the dump isn't good for your health..
i'm following the SSL route.. i. just. can't. help. it..
E(nergy) is the most valuable asset in the game so i just don't wanna see someone wasting so much of it for little gains..
- it was easy for me to notice what courses you might've took..
the courses i first took were those that unlocked programming viruses thinking they'd be of use much sooner but they won't..
and there's a company special that cancels your virus programming (i have been a victim of that prank too)
- not all factions rank war..
the first faction i joined was sort of a hideout..
it was the faction you join iff you got tired of receiving faction invites..
i was lucky enough that the leader was someone i can pepper with my questions..
i also get to play with the guns on our weapon armory like i owned them all..
it's not a paint-by-numbers walkthrough.. there isn't one..
so far everyone who bothered answering this thread told you the answers to your questions and some basic tips to help you get started..
whatever it is you decide for your character..
you do you..
it's part of the
rules in case you missed it..
P.S. if you toggle off dark mode.. you can see my answer to why i'm level holding (in my previous post)
Mentions:
Emerix [2187675]
Anyone who level holds at level 15 is a fool, no exceptions.
The point is to appear weaker than you are, the drawback is being weaker than you could be
Never said you were complaining. I just said complaining is uncool. Why so defensive?