Once I reloaded all my chat boxes were gone, starting new tabs did nothing. Tabs that still had the chat boxes worked but after I moved to other areas of torn they also all closed. Going on my phone (torn app) caused the same problem. Apparently torn also has issues to recognise my IP address and says there are issues with it. I do not use a VPN.
All chat boxes closing
Started by 911 [2619356] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 21 / 21 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 21
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 59 / 100
- Historical score
- 30 / 100
- Story score
- 48 / 100
- Engagement score
- 64 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- kellyO [2116426]
· 4 likes ·
Same issue here. All message boxes disappeared too. Changed browsers and to a work laptop. - PimpChu [1284243]
· 4 likes ·
same here, have tried Opera GX and Firefox on two different PC's, and then the same on mobile bookmark (iphone) - SirEdge [2609907]
· 4 likes ·
No chatboxes at the bottom of the bar. Searched up a buddy, hit button to initiaite chat, nothing happened. Dumped cookies, reloaded, same result.
Same issue here. All message boxes disappeared too. Changed browsers and to a work laptop.
same here, have tried Opera GX and Firefox on two different PC's, and then the same on mobile bookmark (iphone)
Me too
No chatboxes at the bottom of the bar. Searched up a buddy, hit button to initiaite chat, nothing happened. Dumped cookies, reloaded, same result.
No chat boxes
Same problem here.
Same here
same here
Same here ....let's get this fixed plz
I just went to take a shower and came back to find them gone too, I was still on the torn page, no reloading and it disappeared. I tried going full screen and changing page size but no work
Hello I am having this same issue, chat's just gone.
I can't initiate chat with anyone.
I can't see any chat at all.
The entire window, the entire bar, everything, just gone.
I've had people send messages to me, and they didn't pop up.
It's there regardless of mobile or desktop.
Chat is just gone. Here is an image of this:[image: i.imgur.com]
I can't initiate chat with anyone.
I can't see any chat at all.
The entire window, the entire bar, everything, just gone.
I've had people send messages to me, and they didn't pop up.
It's there regardless of mobile or desktop.
Chat is just gone. Here is an image of this:[image: i.imgur.com]
same here
I just shut down all my Torn tabs and reloaded Torn. Problem solved. Thanks for the suggestion rapid_riser!
I did the same thing (relogging) but it did not work
Go to settings -> security -> turn on 2 factor authentication -> refresh page -> turn it off.
This one worked for me, thanks man.
[image: media.discordapp.net]
[image: media.discordapp.net]
Yeah turn on 2FA then log out and log back in and it should be fixed.
this fixed it for me
Thank you so much