The desperation is the risk though, they seem to bask in the contradiction.
March 21st
Started by H4D35 [1487001] on in Politics & Law.
Posts archived: 216 / 216 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Ffs, you had to go google all that shit to find something to come back to argue with me about?
A dead baby and a crack baby is 2 different things, I do give Brittney Poolaw respect for going to the hospital and not dumping the baby in a dumpster, I don't believe she should of got in trouble, Both parties locked the kids up. Both parties are the problem.
h4d35, the Mary Queen of Scots.
.
Not trolling, I thought about writing her yesterday. As some ppl need penpals in there.
.
I write a few ppl in there. I got Jpay and a GettingOut account.
DAE hate when your opponents come at you with facts to disprove your nonsense? It makes me have to resort to ad hominem attacks instead of actually arguing back because they're right and I can't prove otherwise.
It's not bullshit, it's context. I'm not taking any side here, just saying that the OP Said that she was jailed for a miscarriage of an unviable fetus. That is leaving out MASSIVE amounts of context.
I already said, I dunno if she should have gone to jail for this. I'm not making a judgement call on this. I'm just adding context.
If pressed, I'd say sending her to jail is utterly pointless, and cruel. But I think 95% of Americas prison sentences are cruel. I think they should have just put her in Rehab and therapy.
I already said, I dunno if she should have gone to jail for this. I'm not making a judgement call on this. I'm just adding context.
If pressed, I'd say sending her to jail is utterly pointless, and cruel. But I think 95% of Americas prison sentences are cruel. I think they should have just put her in Rehab and therapy.
I'm a primarily French speaker interested in socioeconomic and law history. Have La Loi on my bookshelf.
Wonder where you came across it?
Wonder where you came across it?
The last paragraph is kinda the main point here: what the hell do they think they're solving by putting someone in prison for... what, willfully and maliciously having an addiction that even 12-step programs say she's powerless against? That and the precedent: if you can jail a woman for taking drugs while pregnant because it potentially harms the fetus, then you've established a precedent that you can jail a pregnant woman for any behavior with a potential risk to the fetus. Is taking regular medication grounds for murder charges? Eating processed meat? Driving too fast? Lifting something heavy?
Women who miscarry end up in prison all the time in El Salvador, which deters them from seeking out medical advice for pregnancy complications, lest they be accused of trying to get abortions... which increases their risk of miscarrying... and going to prison for it... etc
(Edit: clarity)
Women who miscarry end up in prison all the time in El Salvador, which deters them from seeking out medical advice for pregnancy complications, lest they be accused of trying to get abortions... which increases their risk of miscarrying... and going to prison for it... etc
(Edit: clarity)
.
I'm not one to support the criminal justice system here. I don't like our system and don't support it at all.
You're asking these questions to the wrong person, Kajal. I don't make the laws, and I don't enforce them. Again, if it was my call, I'd have had her sent to Rehab and therapy. Which she should have been in before or, as soon as she learned she was pregnant. But, addiction is a demon, and not everyone does what they SHOULD do. Some don't have the power.
I wasn't picking sides, just adding context. Which is important. There was a much deeper dialog here.
You're asking these questions to the wrong person, Kajal. I don't make the laws, and I don't enforce them. Again, if it was my call, I'd have had her sent to Rehab and therapy. Which she should have been in before or, as soon as she learned she was pregnant. But, addiction is a demon, and not everyone does what they SHOULD do. Some don't have the power.
I wasn't picking sides, just adding context. Which is important. There was a much deeper dialog here.
Have you read any books that didn't fall into your ideology, beliefs, or interests, but yet still found pieces of knowledge between some of the lines?
I can't even respect you or many in this section of the Forums enough to show civil dialect anymore.
soo much bubblegum..
I can't even respect you or many in this section of the Forums enough to show civil dialect anymore.
soo much bubblegum..
.
Is this woman still in prison for this? Does anyone know?
Yes shes still there. Shes is currently using Jpay. If you want snailmail addy let me know.
Oh, I know you don't like our criminal justice system any more than I do; I'm just tossing out information out there as well. But... mmh, it's always such a fine line between "context" and "justification," you know? Like... just for context, the sexual assault victim was wearing X, or the guy the cops beat to death had X on his record. You may not have offered that contextual information in order to justify the sentence, but it happens to be the same contextual information that the system did use, and is still using, to justify it... I dunno, I just think sometimes the bullshit injustices need to be highlighted on their own so that we maintain clarity on the fact that they're bullshit injustices regardless of context.
Of course I have. I don't then take decontextualized snippets out of it and push a false narrative from it to create a false pretense for criminal behaviour from it though.
It's like when you, Mickley and Patient were trying to paint Jacob as being a plant or not actively trespassing on the capitol grounds based on......guess what? A decontextualized snippet from his arrest that was pushed by self-interested and deeply compromised interests.
They don't care to inform you or provide actual context for something. They want to manipulate you to feel and do certain things that help them and leave you hanging when you can't help them anymore.
It's like when you, Mickley and Patient were trying to paint Jacob as being a plant or not actively trespassing on the capitol grounds based on......guess what? A decontextualized snippet from his arrest that was pushed by self-interested and deeply compromised interests.
They don't care to inform you or provide actual context for something. They want to manipulate you to feel and do certain things that help them and leave you hanging when you can't help them anymore.