Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Selectable Titles

Started by OoFR0STYoO [2652249] on in General Discussion.

27 replies · 831 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 28 / 28 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
28
Discussion span
→
Authority score
37 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
54 / 100
Engagement score
65 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

OoFR0STYoO [2652249]
Is there a way to make titles selectable by a drop down menu in the account profile page? Once you earn them then you can select whatever you want to be displayed. Example titles that are used are scavenger, tourist, nudist, etc.

I know currently it is not set up for this to be selectable. I am discussing a change to that mechanic of the last thing you earn is displayed.
OoFR0STYoO [2652249]
I understand that’s the way it currently is set up. Other games I play that is always a selectable title. Once you earn it then you get to choose what’s displayed.
Dalinar [2833488]
If you posted in suggestions this would make more sense, but since it isn’t and your first sentence is asking if it’s possible then I gotta assume you were asking
OoFR0STYoO [2652249]
Yes I realized that off the first post. More of a discussion to see if it made sense.

Moderator please move this if it makes more sense to be in suggestions.
Shooby [2510470]
All the torn titles suck anyways. May as well take what they give you and pay little mind to it since there's no actual reward or merit behind titles.
NutBurger [1864491]
this does not make sense. once you earn a title, your previous title goes away. this keeps the titles more true to your gameplay
Unnamed199cz [2783125]
i have like 4 more things before bounties given but i still have outcast
Shooby [2510470]
Its been accurate for me.

I'm in top 15 most bountied players and it took me over 14,000 bounties and $4b to get egotist back from outcast. Lol
Overseer [2143302]
I scared I’m gonna lose damage dealer for outcast soon D:

im top 400 for highest damage made and top 2k for bounties received
ACCOUNT_CLOSED [2670493]
Accurate here as well.

Sold losses for a very long time to fill bank and buy company trains. Ranked 27 on TornStats for attacks lost, when I realised its going to be a gauntlet getting rid of the Loser title. I will surpass it with Jobsworth soon, which doesnt really sound any better.

Dont care for the titles, but I like that it reflects your gameplay. More or less.

EDIT:
Tangwulin disliked your post.
SirEdge [2609907]
ok, gotta ask- how long did that take you? Even if you put down bounties that were irresistible, that's still a lot of days with only 10 at any given time.
nippythefish [2488304]
About to break top 100 in bounties received, all but maybe 400 of which are from a single obsessed individual. Racing title would be nice, but perma-Outcast is getting funnier and funnier.
Shooby [2510470]
It was back and fourth for awhile before I decided to join PSF so I could get far enough ahead to hold the title. PSFs are pretty funny though because not being able to be bountied requires people to use their own E if they have a problem, which generally isn't worth it.

If you factor my average bounty i think its around 270-280k. If you keep them claimable they clear pretty quick for people bounty hunting. Just gotta have the funds for it to be feasible to keep up with.
[image: media.discordapp.net]
[image: media.discordapp.net]
SirEdge [2609907]
Overall, it is kind of nice that the titles show based on what a person has done most of during their torn career. It would be nice if it focused on recent activities...