14 replies · 361 views · thread synced · 4 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
15
Discussion span
→
People posting
15
Likes on archived posts
46
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
31 / 100
Historical score
32 / 100
Story score
49 / 100
Engagement score
64 / 100
Most-liked replies
OhJeeZ[1470490]
· 7 likes · This is a bad shitpost, but gotta respect your effort! You sent a Gold Ring to Smeagol.
Greyhame[2267926]
· 3 likes · Seems your fate is bound up with this Gold Ring, but my heart tells me that you have some part to play yet, for good or ill, before the end.
SkinnyPeen[2176021]
· 3 likes · With The Lord of The Rings™: Gollum™ coming out soon, I'm rather surprised to see you shitposting in Torn City, bit far flung from middle earth, aren't you? I did happen to come across one of that exact description earlier …
Hello, Citizens of Torn. Our name is Smeagol and we are writing this post as a last ditch effort to return something of ours which was lost, a Gold Ring. We don’t have anything to offer in return but any and all help is greatly appreciated!
Description: looks like —> O, but gold. Conforms to bearers finger size. Also known as the Precious. When heated has markings of BlackSpeech which I will not utter here. It gets heavier the longer you have it. Turns wearer invisible. Can drive you mad and/or turn you into a Ringwraith (neither happened to Us. Your mileage may vary)
With The Lord of The Rings™: Gollum™ coming out soon, I'm rather surprised to see you shitposting in Torn City, bit far flung from middle earth, aren't you?
I did happen to come across one of that exact description earlier on, RGiskard dropped it when I accidentally killed him. You can find it in the jewellers, I think that Francis might put up a fight for it, though.
21:37:04 - 10/03/23 You sold 1x Gold Ring at $260 each for a total of $260 to a shop
It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn’t. They kept going, because they were holding on to something. That there is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for.
*makes Smeagol sit and watch unmarked video on a tv of a strange girl climbing out of a well who eventually climbs out of the tv screen to give him nightmares. He wakes up to his phone ringing and answers to a voice saying, "7 days"*