Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

How does spying work?

Started by Pro_failure [2488806] on in Questions & Answers.

1 replies · 134 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 2 / 2 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
2
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
3
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
24 / 100
Engagement score
41 / 100
Pro_failure [2488806]
I just got back into the game after like 200 days as my log says, and i stayed in the army before i left. I have 2.5k army points and i promoted myself to general and i've heard spying is a cool way to make money now. Problem is, how does it work?

Do i have to train my stats, work or battle, to spy better? I heard it isn't perfect so i might have to spy a target several times to know all their stats. Is that true? I heard a company has a job that can also do spies, is it better than the army spies? And what company is it? Can spying view anything else than battle stats? Is there any other information i need to know about spying?
Cheesus [505043] Wiki Contributor
Welcome back! Here's what I know about spying.

Spying shows battlestats and money (not sure that army reveals money). The player-run companies Law Firm and TV Network allow you to spy. TV Network definitely lets you see money; Law Firm, I am unsure. Based on the verbiage in the wiki, I'd think not. https://wiki.torn.com/wiki/Company/Special_List

There is a chance each stat will be hidden. As far as I know it's random.

If you reveal 4/5 stats (Str, def, dex, spd, total), you can do a little math to reveal the one that was hidden, as opposed to spying again.

You can sell spies to players. I think they market around 2-3 mil a piece for a full set. Look around the Trading Post forum. Spies are a good market right now because of ranked warring. Every Tuesday, folks will want to buy spies as they match with their opponents.