Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

France

Started by Kasinar [1837560] on in Travel & Culture.

8 replies · 99 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
0
Authority score
7 / 100
Historical score
14 / 100
Story score
24 / 100
Engagement score
44 / 100
Kasinar [1837560]
Hi Torn fam,

Travelling to France soon for 10 days so needed some tips if you have any. Currently planning 4 nights in Paris and then rest of the days between Strasbourg, Nice , Lyon , Marseilles and Bordeaux. Really want to do Mont St-Michel but looks like it is a pain getting there. Looking forward to your replies and thanks in advance.
PirateOni [2176206]
Arles is a nice little town, not too far from Marseilles, not a lot to do there but that's where Van Gogh stayed for a while and it's not far from Nimes which has an ancient arena to see.
PirateOni [2176206]
I used to drive personally, never really used the trains so I can't help.you in that respect. If you fly to Marseilles, the easiest way would be to rent a car and drive towards Montpellier, Arles and Nimes are on the way through and Montpellier has an airport so you could pick your journey up from there. Plenty of beaches on the way through, wine cellars etc
cwa311 [670519]
I will be there in June. Try to buy tickets ahead of time at least 50 days out. I think there might be a pass where all museums are included in the price. Places to see for example: Moulan Rouge 100-400 euro, Eiffle Tower lights up at 9pm, catacombs, Notre Dame, Palace of Versailles, Napoleon tomb, Seine river cruise. Day trips to Normandy, Mt. St. Michael, Van Gogh, Joan of Arc, le Mans famous race track. And wine every day lol
Oeranos [2114932]
That revolution is concentrated in the big cities, scheduled every Thursday.
Last time I went the only thing I saw was a roundabout that was set on fire, so pretty tame as French revolutions go.